Community
Search
Notices
Great Planes, TopFlite, Duraplane, US Aircore Support from Bill Baxter for Great Planes distributed brands "Great Planes, TopFlite, DynaFlite, Duraplane & US Aircore"

XL PATRIOT AXLE PROBLEMS

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2005, 05:41 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default XL PATRIOT AXLE PROBLEMS

Bax, just wanted to let you know my experience with Tower, and Great Planes support=I ordered a axle set from LHS per part number GPMQ4278 listed in the instruction manual of the patriot xl and they received it from Tower-the trouble is the axle set will not fit the Robart Gear Set-this axle is for a fixed gear bolt on with a nylon insert nut-I called the LHS which told me that it was my problem and to contact Tower since there are no returns for Special Orders-which I would tend to agree with LHS-I gave them the part number and they got it for me. I called tower to verify and they told me after a 10 minute hold-the rep told me that it was a option and to call GP-which I really couldn't understand, So I called GP and spoke with the rep and after a 15 minute long distance hold-The rep explain to me that it was a option and there was nothing he could really do about it and really had the attitude of "SO WHAT"-So now I have spent probaly $10.00 in phone charges for a $4.00 axle set that I have already paid for and still do not have a axle set-My model is ready to fly but here it is on Friday afternoon and it will have to sit out another weekend because I cannot get the right axle set. I do not mean to vent but I need some help-the right part number and where to get one-thanks
Old 02-21-2005, 12:19 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: XL PATRIOT AXLE PROBLEMS

The axles you ordered are for Dural gears. You need the axle to go on a wire gear. ONe of these should do the trick:

GPMQ4280 AXLE FOR WIRE 1-1/4X5/32" (2)
GPMQ4281 AXLE FOR WIRE 2X5/32" (2)
GPMQ4282 AXLE FOR WIRE 2X3/16" (2)