Community
Search
Notices
Great Planes, TopFlite, Duraplane, US Aircore Support from Bill Baxter for Great Planes distributed brands "Great Planes, TopFlite, DynaFlite, Duraplane & US Aircore"

Great Planes Giant 330L

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2005, 02:52 PM
Flymyplane
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great Planes Giant 330L

Hi, got a question regarding the Giant 330 kit by Great Planes. I just started on it this weekend, and have framed up the stabilizers/elevator assembly. My question is this: When I took the stab off of my work surface to inspect it, it is all perfectly straight but the S6 and S7 (Rib the elevator section) seem to position lower than the rest of the ribs. In other words, if you take the stab assembly before cutting out the elevators or sheeting anything, set it up vertically and eyeball down the ribs for the elevator starting with S2 eyeballing on down..... you will notice that S6 and S7 ribs are both equally out of line and lower than the rest. Would this be some kind of wash out built into them? I have no clue. All I know is, I built this thing on true flat surface, and everything is straight otherwise. It seems to me that when I go to sheet for the elevators, the sheeting will have to almost twist or conform just a hair to attach to those two ribs that are not lined up perfectly with the rest. All ribs were glued into to each notch and slid into each notch fully. Its my guess this was designed in, as Im pretty sure that my second half stab is coming out the same way. Please let me know! Thanks in advance.