Community
Search
Notices
Great Planes, TopFlite, Duraplane, US Aircore Support from Bill Baxter for Great Planes distributed brands "Great Planes, TopFlite, DynaFlite, Duraplane & US Aircore"

Top Flight .60 Corsair

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 11:12 AM
Mosco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Top Flight .60 Corsair

I am currently building the kit and have a few questions.

1. I am using the standard landing gear. The mounting seems a little weak. Have there been any problems ? Should it be beefed up?
I fly off a grass field.

2. Should I use the bellcrank system fot the ailerons, or use dual servos?

So far I have completed the tail feathers and am "attempting" to build the wing center section.

I want to keep the weight down and use an O.S. .61 FX for power. I probably will not build the flaps to save some wieght.

Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Old 04-18-2005, 03:02 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Top Flight .60 Corsair

If the kit's built dead-stock, there should be no problems with the landing gear if you fly off of grass. If you use separate servos for the ailerons, linkage setup is very easy. If you keep out the slop, the bellcranks work, too.
Old 04-18-2005, 05:34 PM
Mosco

Thanks for your help Bax. I never used bellcranks and was worried about the slop situation. I'v been thinking about it, and am going to build it the way it was designed.

Thanks again, and it is a beautiful kit.
Old 09-01-2005, 08:15 PM
gutmark

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I realize this is an old thread but I wanted to say that I agree - it is a beautiful kit. I haven't built in about 5 years and have had this kit under my bed the whole time. I just started it a few weeks ago and have to say that I haven't been able to wipe the grin off my face since I started. Thanks Top Flite for making such a beautiful, fun airplane!
Old 09-02-2005, 10:11 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

We're very happy to hear you like it!
Old 09-04-2005, 02:20 PM
Mosco

Mine is just about ready for sheeting the wing. I haven't worked on it since March (been flying) but expect to return to building in October. The wing is presently set up for single servo but I may change it to a dual servo configuration before sheeting it.
Old 09-06-2005, 12:21 PM
gutmark

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine is at the same stage. I'm building it as per the plans - I was careful installing the aileron control linkage and haven't detected any binding or slop so I don't foresee any problems.
Old 01-16-2006, 06:07 PM
charlieoneseven

I think I'm going to use 2 ball links on the same servo arm instead of the 2 into 1 they show. just less chance of binding that way.
I wanted to use the robart tail wheel also but elected to set it up fixed like the plans show due to the steering linkage access is a bear later without any access hatches.