Community
Search
Notices
Great Planes, TopFlite, Duraplane, US Aircore Support from Bill Baxter for Great Planes distributed brands "Great Planes, TopFlite, DynaFlite, Duraplane & US Aircore"

GP F-4 Cockpit floor

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2005, 11:15 PM
Crazy4Flight
My Feedback: (540)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default GP F-4 Cockpit floor

page 44 say to mount pilots to cockpit Floor

where in the manual are the instructions to build the canopy floor?

test fit cockpit floor in the canopy, the edges will need to be sanded at an angle to match the the angle of the canopy. THERE ARE NO LINES ON THE CANOPY TO CUT/TRIM TOO!

Question: Beta test builders... Did anyone, at G.P. or working for them, actually build this kit from the plans and manual that was not on the kit design team ?

bob
Old 05-31-2005, 04:06 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: GP F-4 Cockpit floor

At this point, since the kit's been out of production for a few years, we can only suggest that you use the plans to help you trim the canopy.

As far as test-building is concerned, there are several people who build kits for GP who are not part of the GP design team. They are independent builders who, while compensated for their time, do give complete and honest evaluations of everything they find.

The cockpit former instructions are on page 28, step #8.
Old 06-02-2005, 09:41 PM
Crazy4Flight
My Feedback: (540)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WELL I CAN SEE CLEARLY NOW WHY THIS KIT IS OUT OF PRODUCTION!

The cockpit former instructions are on page 28, step #8.
ok THATS FOR THE FUSE BUT NOWHERE TO BE FOUND BUILDING COCKPIT FLOOR!

tired of grief pains kits and arfs!!! bob eckel

the rear former for the cockpit haas to bent and glued into place...just how does one "bend" the cockpit floor and keep the bend permanet so the canopy can be glued in place.

I won't go int to the "radio hatch" 3 pcs of vacuumn miss-formed plastic !! the first owner of this kit had to get a replacement set of parts.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt55977.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	279685  
Old 06-03-2005, 10:41 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

We see what you're asking about. The kit comes with two die-cut sheets of the F460-F06. One piece is used to make the canopy former and is glued to the fuselage. The other one is used to make the canopy floor. Just don't separate the cutout in the center.

If you notice the plans, the former isn't curved, but has an angle. The side view of the plans shows this. You just score the canopy former and canopy floor to make the bend. You should basically have a piece that has an angle. Score the bottom and it won't show on top.

As far as the plastic pieces go, early production kits did have some fitting problems with the plastic fuselage side covers. They took a lot of trimming and fitting. Later kits had the pieces re-shaped a bit for a better fit, but still had to be custom-fitted into place. You may wish to contact airsupport to see if any of those pieces are still available, and what prices might be.

[email protected]