Community
Search
Notices
Great Planes, TopFlite, Duraplane, US Aircore Support from Bill Baxter for Great Planes distributed brands "Great Planes, TopFlite, DynaFlite, Duraplane & US Aircore"

Home for Laser 100 4 stroke

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2005, 02:16 PM
Tony D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Home for Laser 100 4 stroke

I have a laser 100 which sadly I had to recover from my Mick Reeves Hurricane which totalled following radio failure. The engine has sat staring at me for from the cupboard for the past year and I feel I now have the got rid of the gloom of the crash and want to reuse the engine.
I am looking for some inspiration in the scale field and quite fancy building a Cub or somehting like, for some slow steady stable flight, with flaps etc. Have looked at various kit manufacturers, as it must have detachable and split wings for transportation and I want a good quality kit. I do not want to build from plans as the last three builds have been from plans and feel like an easy life for a change
Any suggestions please as to a suitable kit, I did look at the Great Planes 60 but it has dihedral wings for some reason.
Old 07-11-2005, 11:52 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Home for Laser 100 4 stroke

Not familiar with the Laser 100. If it's a 1.00-size two-stroke engine, then it would be too much for the Great Planes Super Sportster 60-size. Even a 1.00-size four stroke would be a bit big.

All of the Great Planes 60-size models have single-piece wings. If you want plug-in wings, you'd have to make your own modifications.
Old 07-11-2005, 02:46 PM
Irish R.Seer
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Home for Laser 100 4 stroke

You could try the Unionville Hobbies 8' wingspan DH Beaver, wings break down in two pieces. Plus they fly great. They are builders kits, traditional construction with lots of carving and sanding.
Go to www.udisco.com or www.greathobbies.com
Good luck,

Bill