Community
Search
Notices
Great Planes, TopFlite, Duraplane, US Aircore Support from Bill Baxter for Great Planes distributed brands "Great Planes, TopFlite, DynaFlite, Duraplane & US Aircore"

Elder 20 ailrons

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 01:13 PM
captken59

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Elder 20 ailrons

please tell me everything I need to know about adding ailrons to a T.F. Elder 20
Old 07-18-2005, 02:07 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Elder 20 ailrons

At the time the Elder 20 came out, Top Flite expected the modeler to know enough about it to make their own ailerons. The installation of ailerons isn't shown in the instructions.

While we don't have a set of instructions for making ailerons, you'd basically have to cut them out of the wing, add whatever additional stock you need to make a trailing edge for the wing panel and a leading edge for the aileron, bevel it and add hinges. You could use strip aileron torque rods from the center, bellcranks and pushrods, or two separate aileron servos.

Detailed instructions are beyond the scope of this forum. You'd basically have to work up your own modifications and needed hardware list. If you have built other kits or from plans, you should be able to do this with few problems. Just follow how the ailerons were built in those models.
Old 07-18-2005, 04:44 PM
captken59

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Bax , I think I can handle it , just wondering if there was anyting out of the norm with this kit. By the way any idea how this little plane will fly 4 chanel?
Old 07-19-2005, 12:41 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Keep the weight in line, balance it as shown, and you'll be OK. Should fly nicely with ailerons.