Community
Search
Notices
Great Planes, TopFlite, Duraplane, US Aircore Support from Bill Baxter for Great Planes distributed brands "Great Planes, TopFlite, DynaFlite, Duraplane & US Aircore"

GP super spot CG moving it forward

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2006, 06:29 AM
suzonka
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GP super spot CG moving it forward

the tower thick catalog states its cg should be at 3.1/8 from the leading edge to the back of the wing, It also says if you want good stunts move the cg forward a bit, now isnt that going to make the plane more nose heavy,I thought for stunts you would favor the cgs back making it tail heavy, [what does moving the cg forward actually mean? Now think about it if the cg is say 3 inches back ,I take a pencil mark it 1/2 in forward , NOW blance it again I will have to put more weight in the Nose to make it balance even,Whats your opinion
Old 02-21-2006, 04:39 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: GP super spot CG moving it forward

I'm not so sure of the sales blurb in the Tower catalog. Please refer to the instruction book for the kit. The instruction book states that you can move the balance point +/- 11/16" (11 mm) for or aft of the 3-1/8" balance point. They also state that a more forward balance point decreases maneuverability, while a more rearward one increases it.