Community
Search
Notices
Great Planes, TopFlite, Duraplane, US Aircore Support from Bill Baxter for Great Planes distributed brands "Great Planes, TopFlite, DynaFlite, Duraplane & US Aircore"

Retracts on a GP Slow Poke Sport 40?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 08:38 PM
H5487

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Retracts on a GP Slow Poke Sport 40?

I have just purchased a Great Planes Slow Poke Sport 40 and I am looking forward to building it soon. In the meantime, as near as I can tell, the primary difference between the small Slow Poke and larger SP Sport 40 (besides the increase in size) is the addition of ailerons. Maybe GP intended the Sport 40 to be a step up from its smaller brother? If so, did GP consider adding provisions for optional mechanical retracts? I know that this would complicate a delightfully simple airplane but it sure would look good! And, for many of us, would probably be our first foray into retracts.

All in all, I think Great Planes has a winning design with both versions of the Slow Poke. It's cute in a vintage sort of way, just the right size, and (I'm predicting) a hoot to play with as the shadows lengthen and the flying field crowds thin out at the end of the day.
Old 05-12-2006, 11:57 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Retracts on a GP Slow Poke Sport 40?

Retracts were never considered as something to go with a Slow Poke .40. Ailerons were added because they help the maneuvering ability of the larger model. A small model doesn't need them as much as it needs the weight savings.
Old 05-12-2006, 03:03 PM
KenVW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Retracts on a GP Slow Poke Sport 40?

Not I but others have, see this post.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_39...tm.htm#3904827