Community
Search
Notices
Great Planes, TopFlite, Duraplane, US Aircore Support from Bill Baxter for Great Planes distributed brands "Great Planes, TopFlite, DynaFlite, Duraplane & US Aircore"

TF Gold Corsair cowl question

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 09:21 PM
SRQFlyer
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TF Gold Corsair cowl question

Bax,

If one were to glue the two pieces of the 60-size cowl together (as per instructions), then how can you get to the mounting screws/bolts if you have installed a "dummy" radial engine? Seems that even with access holes in the engine, it would be nearly impossible to re-insert the screws from the front.

Any help will be appreciated.

Jim
Old 05-26-2006, 11:17 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: TF Gold Corsair cowl question

"Quick and dirty" would be to use blocks inside and screws going into them from the sides...a very typical method.

Another way is to use bolts inside. A drop of CA adhesive on the bolt head holds it on the driver as you insert it. Use Phillips or socket-head bolts.

Some people use a hemostat to feed the retention bolts into place via the air outlet that's cut out on the bottom of the cowl. The esact details of mounting are something each modeler has to work out to their preference.