Community
Search
Notices
Great Planes, TopFlite, Duraplane, US Aircore Support from Bill Baxter for Great Planes distributed brands "Great Planes, TopFlite, DynaFlite, Duraplane & US Aircore"

GP Spirit Kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 11:14 AM
bkdavy
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GP Spirit Kit

The subject kit has a technical error in the drawings and instructions for the Bolt on Wing option. The directions and plans show the location for the forward wing bolt in the wing that does not accurately line up with the instructions for drilling the forward wing bolt hole. When I followed the directions for installing the forward wing bolt plate (1 inch piece of 1/4" ply) and installed it in the indicated position in the plan, when I drilled the hole with the wing in postion with rubber bands as directed in the instructions, the hole ended up at the back edge of the plate. I had to install another piece of plywood behind that plate to be able to properly thread the hole.

Also, the plans and instructions do not adequately address the servo installation with the bolt on wing option. If installed per the plans, the servos are inaccessible due to the forward wing bolt on plate. The servos must be put in reversed, and the pushrods modified to fit the reversed installation.

Brad
Old 01-16-2007, 11:56 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: GP Spirit Kit

We can pass this information on to the design team to check out and see if any changes to the plans/instructions can be made.

Thank you for the feedback.