Community
Search
Notices
Great Planes, TopFlite, Duraplane, US Aircore Support from Bill Baxter for Great Planes distributed brands "Great Planes, TopFlite, DynaFlite, Duraplane & US Aircore"

Great Planes RV-4 Kit ???

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 07:45 PM
deltatech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great Planes RV-4 Kit ???

Iv'e been going along building this kit ok until I went to join the wings together. The Dihedral brace doubler has a minor amount of dihedral in it and that's fine until I went to see how the two panels look with the joiner in. The top of both panels meet at the topo spar - The bottom of the panels at the spar are seperated. Why? Because there is no dihedral built into the wings at rib W1. I looked at the plans and the drawings and this wasn't mentioned. There is no dihedral guide piece in the lite ply plates to use as a guide for dihedral. If there was then the two wing panels would fit on the dihedral brace doubler with no gap around the entire seam.
How do I go about fixing this and making the wing joint clean and strong?
Old 01-30-2007, 08:31 PM
deltatech

Default RE: Great Planes RV-4 Kit ???

Question #2. I plan on using a Thunder tiger pro46 for this model. Can you suggest a good Pitts stile muffler that will fit in the cowl? Tower hobbies has a Slimline muffler that looks pretty small but it may be to small and loud. The Bisson muffler looks much larger but I wonder if it would be to big for this cowl?
Old 01-31-2007, 01:03 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You must sand the wings to have a perfect meeting. That's normal in all kits when you go to join the wings. Everything must meet smoothly.

We'd not have a specific recommendation for your engine. It's all "try and see" when it comes to fitting mufflers.
Old 02-26-2007, 05:40 PM
reefdiver

I have a quick question about this kit. I am installing the coupled dual pushrods to the elevators. they seem to be a little restricted in movement, are there any sugestions in getting them to move a little more freely or is this just what I should be expecting?

thank you for your response
Old 02-27-2007, 01:02 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

If the movement's restricted, you'll have to see what the difficulty happens to be. Usually, something's keeping them from full movement. If they are made like a "Y", then it's possible that as the move fore and aft, they are also trying to go wider or narrower. This can make a coupled/dual pushrod have stiff or restricted movement.
Old 02-27-2007, 02:13 PM
reefdiver

The are installed according to the plans and coupled with the collers that are supplied with the kit. they move in and out, however it seams to take a little more than expected effort. they appear to be rubbing on the exti location out of the supplied push rod tubes at the tail end. I quess I will jus thave to do a little sanding at that location?