Community
Search
Notices
Great Planes, TopFlite, Duraplane, US Aircore Support from Bill Baxter for Great Planes distributed brands "Great Planes, TopFlite, DynaFlite, Duraplane & US Aircore"

how long will it take?

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 07:39 PM
1fasthitman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how long will it take?

Ive built several arfs and I am pretty good at following instructions. I am thinking about buying my first kit. How many hours can I expect it to take to build a .40 size monowing plane?
Old 05-10-2007, 10:16 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: how long will it take?

Build time can be very, very variable. For an airplane kit such as the Great Planes Ultra Sport 40 Plus, you can spend about 60 hours or so on the construction. Even more if you go slowly and make a highly-meticulous build, with an intricate color scheme and painted finish. Other types of models can take much longer.

However, take all this with a grain of salt...with modern CA adhesives, a very experienced builder can put a kit together very rapidly. We've seen a PT-40 have the major airframe components assembled in about 8 hours of time. Total build time from box to ready-to-fly was about 25 hours. This was done by a very experienced builder, and all CA glues were used, except on the firewall, landing gear mounts, and wing joints. 30-minute epoxy was used there.