Community
Search
Notices
Great Planes, TopFlite, Duraplane, US Aircore Support from Bill Baxter for Great Planes distributed brands "Great Planes, TopFlite, DynaFlite, Duraplane & US Aircore"

retracts

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2007, 10:36 PM
1fasthitman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default retracts

I'm installing the .40 size, Great Planes retract system, in my newest project(tail dragger set up). It is designed to operate on 1 servo. Keeping in mind that the retract system locks in place in both the up and down positions, how many ounces of torque do I need to operate them? I've seen a special servo, sold just for retracts, putting out about 90 oz., which is intended to actually hold the gear up or down. It is also compact in size. Will a regular servo of less torque work? I understand that the "retract servo" travels a total of 180 degrees and goes from end point to end point when the gear toggle switch is flipped. My only reason is to reduce cost. The servo is priced at around $50.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:42 AM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: retracts

You need the torque, not to hold the gear up or down but to have the power needed to actually move the gear up or down.