Community
Search
Notices
Great Planes, TopFlite, Duraplane, US Aircore Support from Bill Baxter for Great Planes distributed brands "Great Planes, TopFlite, DynaFlite, Duraplane & US Aircore"

Scale hinges for TF 1/7 scale P-47?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 11:43 AM
hy flyr
My Feedback: (27)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scale hinges for TF 1/7 scale P-47?

Maybe i'm looking in the wrong places, but I need to find some "how to" advice for scale hinges. Any suggestions would be helpful! Thanks.
Old 12-02-2007, 01:42 PM
saramos

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Scale hinges for TF 1/7 scale P-47?

When you say scale hinges, are you meaning hidden?

Elevator can be hidden inside the fuse with the horn soldered to the elevator rod. Flaps can be hidden by using torque rods. Ailerons can be hidden with a Rotory Drive System. The toughest will be the rudder. At 1/5 scale, a fairly well hidden pull-pull can be done, but 1/7 might be pretty tough to do without the risk of flutter.

Here's a link for the rotory drive system.

http://www.irfmachineworks.com/rds/

Scott
Old 12-04-2007, 12:34 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Scale hinges for TF 1/7 scale P-47?

Please clarify what you mean by "scale" hinges. If you mean actual scale hinges...miniature versions of what was used in the full-size aircraft, then you'd have to make them yourself. The hinges suggested give a scale-like look when the controls are operated. Also please realize that the Top Flite kit is not fully scale, but has had compromises made to the scale outlines to make flying easier.