Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Helimax
 Axe CP main gear >

Axe CP main gear

Community
Search
Notices
Helimax This is for all your Helimax questions and comments.

Axe CP main gear

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 06:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Axe CP main gear

Does anyone know if any other main gear works on the Axe CP? I've seemed to already have ruined one by being careless while carrying the heli and radio and accidently hit the throttle lever control. This act instantly turned the main gear into a useless piece of plastic. I haven't even had this heli 24hrs and already need parts, lol. The worst thing about it is I wasn't even flying, LHS doesn't have parts yet and I have to wait until friday at least for a replacement. Talk about a bummer. At least I got to fly (read hover because of battery life) a few times before hand. It seems that the battery and motors need more "break-in" than the manual suggests saying they are factory tested.
Old 01-10-2007, 05:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Axe CP main gear

I do not know if any other main gear will fit but I have changed my main gear. Be carefull when you take main shaft out. There is a bushing under the main gear that rides on top of lower bearing that is not shown in the manual exploded view. My main shaft was hard to remove from main gear and you need to be carefull with main shaft as it is made of aluminum and can be damaged. I sanded the inside of my new main gear to get a better fit on shaft to make rebuild easy.