Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Helimax
Reload this Page >

AXE EZ vs. AXE CP

Community
Search
Notices
Helimax This is for all your Helimax questions and comments.

AXE EZ vs. AXE CP

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 09:25 AM
timmyt101

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AXE EZ vs. AXE CP

As a newbie to the heli world, please give me your opinions on the EZ vs. CP as a first heli. Thanks.

Tim
Old 01-19-2007, 12:12 PM
tuberculosis8

Default RE: AXE EZ vs. AXE CP

The EZ is a lot easier to fly, however, it is not capable of any 3D flight and it is not nearly as agile. If you don't plan on moving up to 3D aerobatics ever then I would seriously consider the EZ.

I bought the CP because I will eventually learn 3D flight and I didn't want to have to buy another heli that quickly. (I WILL learn!)
Old 01-20-2007, 10:48 AM
timmyt101

Thanks, TB

I went with the AXE EZ and am having a great time ... this truly is kick after several years of RC trucks & buggies.

Question...I only have the battery that came with the kit. This morning, I plugged in the heli, the little green gyro light winked fast a few times, and now blinks a slow pattern. Is this how it indicates low battery? I don't have a second battery yet (hobby shop not open until 10:00am). Also, what flight time can I expect out of the battery that came with the kit?

Tim
Old 01-20-2007, 03:38 PM
tuberculosis8

Not too familiar with the EZ but it sounds like you didn't have your TX on when you connected the battery. You must have the TX on first, then connect the battery. If the battery is anything like the stock CP battery(I think it isthe same) you will get 4 or 5 minutes
Old 01-20-2007, 06:47 PM
Rotor13B

ORIGINAL: tuberculosis8

Not too familiar with the EZ but it sounds like you didn't have your TX on when you connected the battery. You must have the TX on first, then connect the battery. If the battery is anything like the stock CP battery(I think it isthe same) you will get 4 or 5 minutes
The AXE EZ comes with a lipo battery. Times are suppose to be like 10-15 minutes a charge.
Old 01-21-2007, 07:57 AM
garydogwood

have the EZ for one week. have about 15 flights on it. using the lipo that came with it and purchased an additional one. I measured the flight time a couple times and i get about 7 minutes of good flight but looses power fairly quickly after that. at the 8 minute mark, it will not lift off - time to recharge. just bought a thunder power 1320 mah with balancing plug last night but have not had a chance to use it yet. i haven't flown the CP in real life but on the simulator, it was noticably more difficult than the EZ. then again, the first day or so with the EZ was not that easy either but once you get the hang of it, it's fun. You can probably start out ok on the CP but requires more patience and concentration. Check out the RADD method - it is slow and tedious but promises successful results if you follow the plan.

gw
Old 01-21-2007, 08:40 AM
MsDarla

One issue that they have with the EZ is the body cutting into the battery wires.
Use shrink tube near that area or trim the body of the heli.
Old 02-03-2007, 01:45 AM
Elcamino85ss

timmy,my 1st heli was the blade cx2 great learning heli,but i found the real flight g3.5 a great asset for learning to fly any heli,i,m actually ready for the axe cp i think,lol.
i would recomend the g3.5 to anyone serious about rc flying to start a little pricey at $199.00 but cheaper than a lot of parts,and trust me you,ll use alot of those.
Old 02-16-2007, 12:57 AM
Hands

I would suggest you start with the EZ to get the hang of things. Once your good at flying the EZ then step up to the CP. One think about heli's is that it will always cost less to learn the correct way. If you skip a step, such as starting with a CP, you will end up spending more money on replacement parts then you would on the starter heli.
Old 02-22-2007, 01:01 PM
Sevenrats

I just got an EZ. It says it's easy to fly on the box and that's its big claim to fame but it's only easy relative to helicopter flying not falling off a log!

Flying a helicopter is really really hard. I have a Fixed wing Pilots license (real planes) and flying fixed wing is 10 times easier than flying this EZ. I keep seeing posts on different boards and threads complaining that the heli won't hover motionless. Yes it will! It is you that won't hover motion less. Helicopters need constant control. Full scale heli's as well. The EZ is easy because the rudder control needs minimal input due to the CR blades but you still have to pay attention.

I am just learning myself. I have made 4 flights and can hover in a 2 foot circle 3 feet off the floor with a little sway here and there but as soon as I rotate to the side I get confused really fast. I am taking it slow and am determined not to crash. Practice Practice Practice.

Get the EZ. I can't imagine how hard it would be with something less "EZ"!
Old 03-03-2007, 01:59 PM
Sevenrats

Well? What did you get?!!
Old 04-27-2007, 01:26 AM
Foxito

Sevenrats,

Man you've made me laugh, and I see you think exactly the same way I do...hahaha!
Some people think that because it says RTF (Ready To Fly) you will get off the box and fly it. Yeah right! I have been struggling with all these for three months, and yet I can't say that I have fly anything yet but a Blade CX2 that I had to buy me to practice inside home and get the dexterity to move later on into my bigger helis. - If anyone take a heli out of the box and fly it, I give you $100 if you can do that. Unless you already know how to fly, you won't fly anything.

Others think that the thing will hover perfectly, sure...as you said, it will, but it is you who has to do it, not the helicopter by itself! - And so true, I am not a pilot, but long ago I could not even take off any plane on a flight simulator, and much less even land it....forget it, I would either crash at taking off, or crash at landing....or both....hehehe! - Now after practicing with helicopters and having the dexterity to hover one of these suckers, flying a plane is a piece of cake! - Flying or hovering a helicopter it is a very hard mental excersize, needs 100% of your concentration, and it is not an easy task indeed. - But it is you who has to control it as you put it so well already.

Imagine if it would just lift off and stay hovering there without you almost doing anything? First, it wouldn't be any fun, and second hobby shops would be out of business...nobody break parts, they wouldn't sell any parts.....a perfec world for us the flyers, right? Hahahaha. - Nah, since I got into this three months ago, I have broken blades, broken blade grips, broken many parts on main rotor head on my Walkera 22E, later broke blades on the Blade CX2 many times....

One thing I did though, on the third or fourth day with the Blade CX2 I found it so easy to hover, that I removed the training kit, the heck with it... - First time I tried on a Blade CX2 I could not even hover it 15 seconds even with training kit, on the third or fourth day without any training kit I could go all over the house...hehe.

I got a Walkera 22E, a Blade CX2, and an Axe CP. The Axe CP is the best of all, and indeed very much more stable and easier to hover than the Walkera 22E. - But three months ago I could not even hover the Walkera 22E ten to fitteen seconds without breaking something, now I can do alot better, maybe because I added a brushless motor, an ESC, carbon fiber blades, and a Li-Po battery? Or maybe because the RealFlight G3.5 and Blade CX2 have both given me alot more dexterity and confidence than I had two-three months before? I don't know, but I can tell I have been improving alot since I've been using more and more the RealFlight G3.5, that's a fact.

I would recommend anyone beginning to start with a coaxial (dual-blade) helicopter, and once you get real good at it, move into a single-blade one, because as someone here already said, if you start with an advanced one, you will break more parts and you end up spending more money than if you start with a coxial heli and go step by step, and as you improve get a more advanced heli. - That's what exactly happened to me. I started with a Walkera 22E that is for advanced people, besides it is a piece of crap according to people with more experience than myself... so in the end, I have spent as much as I could have bought by now a T-Rex 450SE V2 or so, which is going to be my next helicopter indeed.

One thing, with so many repairs and parts replaced, I am not yet a graduated pilot....but boy I tell you I have become a good heli mechanic...hahahahaa! ;-) - Have taken apart and put together that Walkera 22E many times, as well as the Blade CX2 and the Axe CP already.

If I can do it myself, I do it, forget it I wouldn't pay big $$$ to someone to do something for me that I can do myself, that's a fact. ;-)

Sorry the long speech...

Regards