Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Helimax
Reload this Page >

Another blade grip question

Community
Search
Notices
Helimax This is for all your Helimax questions and comments.

Another blade grip question

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 01:03 PM
bshellrude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another blade grip question

Folks:

Of course I destroyed one of my blade grips while exectuting the "tip-over" crash maneuver! [&:]

And of course LHS' don't have any in stock and are on back order. I have two questions:

1) Has anyone attempted to use the blade cp grips? And with any success?

2) Has anyone attempted to "super bond epoxy" together their blade grips? The two flanges snapped off from the housing and are still on the blade. Seems to be a pretty clean break. Wondering how much success I might have with an epoxy with bond strength of like 900PSI?

Thanks in advance.

Ben
Old 01-19-2007, 02:24 PM
PilotLight
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Another blade grip question

Man, I wouldn't glue my blade grips. It could come apart during high power and really hurt someone (ME especially!).
Old 01-19-2007, 03:25 PM
outtamyway

AXE vs Blade Grips:

The balls are 3.75mm on the Axe and 3.5mm on the Blade.
The Bearing seats are both 6mm diameter.
The axe has two bearing inserted from the blade side; the Blade Cp has one bearing inserted from each side.
The BCP grips are made for thicker rotors than the AXE grips. You would need to use BCP blades or shim the AXE blades.

It appears that it wouldn't be too difficult to use BCP grips with the axe, but you would have to make or modify a feathering shaft, and make a pair of hybrid links.

The Blade CP grips are beefier, and the ball post is not nearly as long.
Old 01-25-2007, 10:40 PM
Savage_Wolf

i epoxy'ed my grips back together with 2400 lb. epoxy and it works fine. its not easy to do but its a good temporary fix.

first snap the ball back into the link. put a BB sized ammount of epoxy on the break and use the stabalizer to hold it paralell to the grip. ( IT MUST BE PERFECTLY LINED UP!!!) after after it drys, put another coat around the outside of the break to strengthen it....and thats it, ur done.. just let it harden. (if u wanna get really technical, make sure the same ammount is applied to the other grip to both strengthen and balance the shaft.)