Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Helimax
Reload this Page >

Researching JR servo same as AXE

Community
Search
Notices
Helimax This is for all your Helimax questions and comments.

Researching JR servo same as AXE

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 02:05 AM
Heli Bat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Researching JR servo same as AXE

I was wondering if anyone would like to help me research which of the JR servos would be a direct replacement to the servos on the AXE. I notice that JR has a few servos for mini or micro. They even have a micro coming out in February that has all metal gears inside. Now that would be the way to go, but then again, it is kinda costly. On a site, and I can't remember if it was the actual JR site or Horizons, but they listed all of JR's servos. They also gave the dimensions, but it would have been nice to see a CADD drawing of the servo to make sure that it would fit right. They give a Lx Wx H but I am not sure if that measurement is just the container or does that include like the extra height of the gears and control arm and also the extra width of the mounting brackets?

The reason is that I am putting on my wish list that JR 9309 radio and I was day dreaming about replacing the stock servos with the JR servos along with the JR 9309 Radio. It might seem overkill, but I am also interested in both AIR and Heli. For some reason, I can't get excited about the DX7.

If anyone finds out, please post the exact JR model number. I would really appreciate it.

Thanks
Heli Bat
Old 01-20-2007, 04:03 AM
NewAxeCp

Default RE: Researching JR servo same as AXE

Use the HS-55 you can get a three pack for around 28$ and they are a direct and better replacement than the stock ones.
Old 01-20-2007, 04:22 AM
ElectricHead

Default RE: Researching JR servo same as AXE

I am with you on the DX7. Need a DX9. I was told that with the AMA blessing on the 2.4 Ghz that JR and Futaba will be out with new radios soon. I have also seen a product called XtreamLink check it out at www.xtremepowersystems.net that will connvert radios to 2.4Gzh