Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Helimax
Reload this Page >

Transmitter Battery Duration

Notices
Helimax This is for all your Helimax questions and comments.

Transmitter Battery Duration

Old 02-27-2007, 09:55 PM
PilotLight
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmitter Battery Duration

How long do you go before you change your Transmitter Battery? I got mine the first of December and flew about two 10 minutes flights daily and finally changed batteries at the end of January (2 months). They showed about 10.7 volts. I figured they were 12volts when new (1.5volts x 8) so they might be low. Moved them to a shower radio that eats batteries monthly and its still going strong everyday almost 2 months later! Guess they were still good.

Anyone get the low voltage light on the TX and then replace. I don't want to let it get that low, but there's no way to tell when they are getting weak.

What kind of batteries do you use? Nimh, NiCD, alkaline, Sanyo, Energizer, Duracell??
Old 02-28-2007, 05:16 AM
ElectricHead

Default RE: Transmitter Battery Duration

I flew for about a month or so and I seen the red indicator light flash on and off si I changed batteries next day. At the time I was using stock battery in heli and was doing two to three flights a day. Batteries I used are Energizer I believe. I just got the least expensive high performance alkaline. Transmitter still going strong but I do check for red light each time I turn it on. I do not want to crash because of TX batteries going low!
Old 02-28-2007, 08:48 AM
no hesitation

It is kinda freaky thinking about losing signal. I'm guessing Helimax's controller would warn us soon enough.
Old 04-02-2007, 03:37 PM
PilotLight
My Feedback: (1)

Finally got the red indicator today. The red light flashes while the green light is still lit. I've flown about a month and 2 days flying 3 times a day, during the work week. So thats about 60 flights of 10 minutes each.

So, now you know.