Community
Search
Notices
Helimax This is for all your Helimax questions and comments.

Funny Story

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 09:49 PM
fairpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Funny Story

Ok so I m a little impatient about going to proper place to fly, instead having the fever to fly, I choose my backyard. Being new to this I hover around on the concrete pool deck, over a couple days I have been getting more daring lifting off drifting around till the heli looks like it is going to crash into something then I chop the power, well tonight waiting for wife to get ready to go out I decide to sneak out back for a little practice. after a couple tries I lift off about chest high, doing ok but heli has me backing toward the pool. (no I dont fall In) now heli has me cornered thru all the action Im getting confused on inputs, before you know it heli is coming right at me, I had two choices, 1 jump in the pool ( no way, it is like 60 degrees), In a split second I am forced to kick the heli out of the sky(kind of a king kong thing) well that did stop it DOA on the deck. I have to admit I was laughing looking at the pile, all it needed was smoke rising from it.
Anyhow, it was not damaged badly, then after I pick it up wife opens door and asks if everthing is ok, Im like yep all is well. Hope you get laugh from that .
Old 03-02-2007, 11:37 PM
Armhunter

Default RE: Funny Story

too bad that was not on video.... Funny as hell!
Old 03-02-2007, 11:43 PM
nzak

Yeah, why wasn't your wife running the video camera?? Gosh!!

Armhunter, Bakersfield, huh? I am originally from Porterville, can't say I would like to still live there though.
Old 03-03-2007, 04:00 PM
Armhunter

You wount happen to be in the Airforce would you?
Old 03-03-2007, 10:47 PM
starcop

No, No. Grab the antenna and use transmitter as a bat!