Community
Search
Notices
Helimax This is for all your Helimax questions and comments.

beginer pilot

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 02:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default beginer pilot

Well, i've been wanting to fly for a while, i first was looking at planes, but after a bit of instruction i would like to fly at my house, the only problem with that is that i don't have enough room to take off, a have land, but most of it is trees I only have like 4 acres of grass(not enough to fly anything other than a park flyer)....

So now i'm looking at helis, i have realfligh g3 and i can fly helis pretty good, i can fly upsidedown and a few other tricks, i also liek the fact that i can prettymuch fly a heli anywhere, i have been looking at the helimax cp and have read lots of stuff on it here at rcu,

just looking for some opinions on what i should do, Such as- will i probably crash a lot, should i go with planes before helis

any and all opinions are appreciated,

thanks
Old 03-16-2007, 07:50 PM
My Feedback: (14)

Default RE: beginer pilot

Flying planes won't really help you with heli's. A lot of us started out with planes and we are doing ok, and starting out on heli's shouldn't be much more difficult. Just my opinion.

You are going to get a lot of guys telling you to start out with a $800.00 TRex. If you can afford it I guess it wouldn't do any harm.

But, there are cheaper heli's like the MX400, Heli-Max Axe CP and the Eflite Blade series. I think the Eflite blade cp is a good heli to learn on because it has flat bottom blades (easier to hover), and parts are available at almost any hobby shop you walk into. And, they hold thier resale value really well after you are ready to step up to something more exciting.

You will break a lot of main blades and burn up a few tail motors while learning, but the parts are cheap. Just don't be a pioneer and go out and try a brand no one has ever heard of or supports.

Do a search on line for "RADDS". It is a learning program for new heli owners that is really quite effective if you follow it faithfully.

The Simulator is really a good tool, but its nothing like flying the real thing. I have Real Flight G3 also. It's far to easy in my opinion.

Good luck whatever you decide and keeps us all informed on how you're doing.

Bob
Old 03-18-2007, 04:27 PM

I started out with r/c truck and cars (nitro) then i went and got RFG2 and work on learning to fly heli's. Then i went a drop about $1500 on a raptor 50v2 took it once and ----I DONT LIKE TALKING ABOUT IT VERY MUCH----- anyway its cost me about $300 to fix it. So here my point RFS are great but there not the real thing. I great on a sim but on the field its a whole other game.. So i Just got a axe cp im taking it slow im haveing a blast. Start small work up its woth it in the end and a little easyer on the wallet.

Savage, raptor50, rs4ss18,rustler,heli max cp...............
Old 03-18-2007, 05:44 PM

What he said /\.
Keep you're first flights limited to a few inches off the ground. Use the training gear. Follow a regement for learning. Read as much as you can on the subject.
It can be very expensive if you get too bold.
Don't let bystanders heckle you into doing anything you're not ready for.
It's very challenging, and that much more satisfying when you can finally hold a hover.
Have fun!
Old 03-18-2007, 07:07 PM

thanks guys