Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Helimax
Reload this Page >

wow! this isn't going good!!!

Notices
Helimax This is for all your Helimax questions and comments.

wow! this isn't going good!!!

Old 03-26-2007, 09:03 AM
thestratcat
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wow! this isn't going good!!!

I picked up my Axe CP friday and couldn't wait.. I played in the house friday, was comfortable and flew it on saturday... that went well until I hit the house.. I bent the main shaft...

I found a new main shaft and headed out to pick it up, 100 miles later, I was putting it back together... then I broke the swash plate, DO'OH!!! another 100 miles, back at home, break the servo horn, (getting the picture here?) I got a new servo horn and was ready to fly, tried it out last night and not enough thrust to get it off the ground... I took it apart to see what I did wrong and then I broke the dmaned seesaw!!!

is this normal or just my great luck?

oh yeah, do you think those plastic blades (more durable) for the Blade CP will fit the Axe CP? will the pitch be different?
Old 03-26-2007, 09:25 AM
Scalegraphix

Default RE: wow! this isn't going good!!!

I'm using the Blade CP Plasti-Blades and they seem to work great. You have to do a little filing to get them to fit, but no big deal. They are really tough, but will tear up anything you hit with them! Jim
Old 03-26-2007, 09:54 AM
thestratcat

who makes those? I saw them yesterday but can't remember the manufacturer...
Old 03-26-2007, 11:05 AM
SchoooBaka

LOL, you gotta be gentle with the axe popeye.
Everything is so small and delicate.
Just take you're time, and if this stuff is breaking while you're working on it, don't use so much force. If something doesnt want to go, stop and think of a different method.
If you start to get frustrated, walk away from it for a few minutes and come back to it when you've calmed down.
I work on toyotas for a living. I can't tell you how many times I've gotten pissed off trying to get a bolt started. The more pissed I get, the worse the situation gets, so I'll walk away for a break. When I come back to it, 95% of the time the bolt just threads right in on the first attempt.
Old 03-26-2007, 11:23 AM
SchoooBaka

I like you're sig by the way. [sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 03-26-2007, 11:43 AM
thestratcat

thanks man... I think I flew it relatively easy, which got me excited about it, then I broke it and now the frustration is getting it back in the air! oh yeah, I'll put the pneumatic tools away when working on thsi from now on

I just called and they don't have the part that I need... oh well, back to the CX for a while..