Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Helimax
Reload this Page >

Getting into R/C heli flight

Community
Search
Notices
Helimax This is for all your Helimax questions and comments.

Getting into R/C heli flight

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 03:56 PM
CrT-RaCeR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting into R/C heli flight

Hi, I'm new the this electric R/C heli scene and i have came from racing R/C truggies (still keeping them and still into them) and I'm a noob when it comes to electric flight and how to adjust them. I'm purchasing a AXE EZ electric heli for a good beginer heli for me. I am trading one of my spare pistol grip radio's for one (xr2i almost new) and he said he broke 2 $5 parts and is going to replace them right away (i know the guy and is trustful. So my question is, when i get it, can i fly it right off the bat? (ive played the realflight demo and i understand how that heli works. Do i have to adjust stuff on it? or what do i have to do with it? any info about this heli will be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-15-2007, 08:57 PM
raz54

Default RE: Getting into R/C heli flight

The AXE EZ is a great beginner heli. It's not quite as stable as some so you will have to fly it (a little) but it really helped me when I went to a single rotor. There isn't much to adjust on it except blade tightness and I like to run mine a little on the loose side. You may want to pick up a spare inner shaft (the one that holds the flybar). In a good crash the fly bar grips can break off. Welcome to helis and to the forum.
Old 07-15-2007, 09:04 PM
CrT-RaCeR

ORIGINAL: raz54

The AXE EZ is a great beginner heli. It's not quite as stable as some so you will have to fly it (a little) but it really helped me when I went to a single rotor. There isn't much to adjust on it except blade tightness and I like to run mine a little on the loose side. You may want to pick up a spare inner shaft (the one that holds the flybar). In a good crash the fly bar grips can break off. Welcome to helis and to the forum.
Thanks, i really dont know what a flybar or flybar grips are but ill try to look for links, thanks. What about the blade cx2? If a deal falls through with that guy i might get the blade cx2
Old 07-15-2007, 11:22 PM
raz54

The main reason I didn't get a blade cx is the blades don't swing back on impact so you break more parts. The inner shaft is the one that holds the fly bar (the bar with weights) and the plastic grips can break and without the fly bar you don't fly. Below is the inner shaft, so far it's the only thing I have broke (other than one blade).

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXPCN8&P=Z