Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Helimax
 what the?  Axe CP jumping in the air! >

what the? Axe CP jumping in the air!

Community
Search
Notices
Helimax This is for all your Helimax questions and comments.

what the? Axe CP jumping in the air!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 08:01 AM
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: what the? Axe CP jumping in the air!

a good pitch guage is a must, any other tools that you can think of are great. Setup is everything dude... the more I want to fly, the more time I work on making sure everything is perfect... rainy day? too much wind? for me it's a good day to check things out so my next chance to fly doesn't end in disaster (at least mechanically )

my CP became my indoor heli, lol... I moved and now have a big enough living room to just hover... for outside I use my t-rex's and now I'm sitting up my MX for 3D stuff to learn on, I have a ton of spare parts that I need to go through, lol....
Old 06-13-2008, 07:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've encountered the jumping thing for the first time myself.....seemed to happen after I repaired from a somewhat bad crash. I replaced the swashplate, and some head components (not the main shaft). I'm thinking my main shaft might be slightly bent, though it doesn't look that way when I spool up a little and watch closely (hard to tell with any amount of shaking/vibration going on). However, putting some petroleum jelly around the shaft where the swash slides, almost entirely eliminated it. Perhaps it just needs a little more jelly now.....I'm guessing the previous owner (or the factory) lubed the original swash well. I still don't see any jerkiness or irregularities when changing swash position on the ground (motor unplugged). At least the jumping is pretty minimal, like 2 or 3 feet at most.

I have noticed my Z-bends are starting to get loose on the servo arms, so I think some ball joints are in order.
Old 06-14-2008, 07:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put the ball links on mine when I removed the stock Rx and Sxs. There's a photo attached here for you to see.
This has eleiminated all the slop associated with the swash control links for the reason(s) you mentioned.
I admit that the [link to swash] alignment is not perfect but I used ball joints I have had for 30 yrs in a box from my GMP Cricket days. I may replace them (balls) or rework the alignment some day when my flying gets better but for now the focus is "stick time"! The front or elevator servo is most likely most adversely effected since the link is skewed abit to the right. The two side links are still vertical but equally skewed outward from the heli's center so I suspect they have just reduced the "gain" sort of speak.
I am still working on TI hoovering so I doubt that the alignment is a major problem for me at this stage. However the jumping has been gone for me ever since I upgraded the Tx, Rx and Sxs to the Spektrum system and that was the goal.

(Edited for spelling)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr49401.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	970243