Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Helimax
Reload this Page >

Wiring Thunder power to Axe Cp-L

Community
Search
Notices
Helimax This is for all your Helimax questions and comments.

Wiring Thunder power to Axe Cp-L

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 10:59 PM
wickednix

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wiring Thunder power to Axe Cp-L

I just picked up a Thunder Power 1320mah 11.1v battery and was wondering if I can use the default charger to charge the battery. If so how do I wire it. I got tired of waiting for my replacement battery and bought the TP 1320 since hobbytown didnt have the stock battery for my axe.
Old 02-21-2008, 12:48 PM
Shadow99

Default RE: Wiring Thunder power to Axe Cp-L

Are you talking about the stock charger for the Lipo or NiMH battery, DON'T CHARGE A LIPO with a NiMH CHARGER, that would be VERY BAD!!! I wouldn't recommend charging a 1320mah Lipo thru the discharge plug too many times (Micro DEANS or Ultra DEANS connector), you really should use a Balance Charger for the Thunder Power Lipo. And if the stock charger is rated to stop charging at 950 mili amps then your not gonna get the full power of the 1320mah battery, you'll just be lugging around that extra weight.
I use an ALIGN Balance Charger I got thru HeliDirect (I've got 2 of them). They're about $55 bucks a pop & will balance charge up to a 4 cell Lipo or (2) 2 cell lipo's in series, run on standard house current (AC), and have a built-in cooling fan. For the money they work great, I've had mine for over 9 months with no problems. They also sell the Mega-Power brand of Lipo's, they may be cheaper than the Thunder Power ones. I've got (5) MP 1350mah Lipo's, had one of my 15c packs swell up on me, sent them a picture of it & they sent me a new one, I've had exellent service response from HeliDirect.

[link=http://www.helidirect.com/product_info.php?cPath=116&products_id=881]ALIGN CHARGER[/link]

Shadow
Old 02-21-2008, 01:25 PM
wickednix

Default RE: Wiring Thunder power to Axe Cp-L

Shadow, thanks for the info, but my helimax came with the elctrifly 3-Cell 11.1v LiPo Balance Charger. Model# GPMM3316. The Axe CP-L <---- the L means the it comes with the LiPo pack according to HobbyServices.

Here is my charger

I got the wiring Scheme for the Thunder Power, I just need the wiring scheme for the for the GPmm3316. I found the wiring diagram for Great Planes ElectriFly Equinox but i dont know if it is the same wwiring as the GPMM316.

Thunder power 1320mah 11.1v pin wiring is:

Black= pin1(cell1, negative)
white=pin 2(cell1, positive/ cell2, negative)
Blue= pin 3(cell2, positive/ cell3, negative)
Orange=pin4, (cell3, positive)

I just need the GPMM316 pin wiring. I might just go pick up a align charger .