Community
Search
Notices
Helimax This is for all your Helimax questions and comments.

ROTOFLY wobble

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 09:49 PM
4 stroken ron
My Feedback: (29)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ROTOFLY wobble

I recently acquired a Rotofly. It is not new but has had very little use. It gets off the ground OK but after a few seconds flying it starts to wobble and then slowly oscillates till it goes out of control. I think I have everything pretty well balanced but...........
Also could anyone tell me which adjusters (upper/lower) adjusts the gain and proportional, and which way (clockwise/counterclockwise) to turn them? There are two adjusters on this 4 in 1 but no label, other than a gold sticker stating, Heli-max, ESC/Gyro, Mixer Board.
Thanks for any help
Ron
Old 03-22-2008, 06:38 PM
gibbonsbunch

Default RE: ROTOFLY wobble

Ron,

Try this. Tighten both main blades until they are fairly snug but not too tight. Move both main blades clockwise just a bit. I would say move them about one half of an inch total. I have owned several Rotoflys and usually this will do the trick and eliminate the wobble. Concerning the gyro and proportional adjustments. I have the older Rotoflys which have a different esc so I am not sure which one is which on yours but with mine the gyro is on the bottom. Turn the gyro screw to it's halfway point to start out. From there as you try to fly continue turning the gyro screw clockwise until the tail wags. At that point turn the gyro screw back couterclockwise just a bit until you have no tail wag. Turn the screw ever so slightly because it is very touchy. If your tail is wagging that means the gyro is set too much. The proportional is the easier one to adjust. While your tail trim or rudder trim (left stick) on the transmitter is at central as you start up the copter if the copter turns left then you will adjust the proportinal screw right and if the copter turns right then adjust the proportional screw to the left a little at a time.

Hope that helps.

Larry
Old 03-22-2008, 09:09 PM
4 stroken ron
My Feedback: (29)

Default RE: ROTOFLY wobble

Thanks a lot Larry I will try that on Monday.
Ron