Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Helimax
Reload this Page >

MX 400 Questions

Community
Search
Notices
Helimax This is for all your Helimax questions and comments.

MX 400 Questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 09:44 PM
Straick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MX 400 Questions

I just got a MX 400 as ab B-Day present from my parents, and lo and behold, while setting it up at my parents place, one of the 3 cats there descided to "help" me by throwing the throttle stick on my radio to full. All the damage done was a busted pitch link, which comes to my question. Is there a better option for the pitch links? I've had a Blade CP and Walkera 36 before, and when I did crash, never broke a pitch link before. Wrecked a lot of blades, but never a pitch linkage.
Also, is there a readily available set of carbon fiber blades available for this heli? I have always liked the way my other 2 have flown on carbon fibers over the stock wood and composite blades. Finally, does anyone know of any pinions available for it that will fit on a EFlite Park 400 inrunner motor? The included pinions are both too big of a hole for the shaft for the motor, and the only motor I have for that size pinion doesn't turn fast enough for my tastes(full throttle needed to get lift). Thanks.

P.S. Need to get a set of training wheels again because I haven't flown in almost a year now, and they are cheaper than a lot of new blades.
Old 02-22-2009, 10:50 PM
osterizer

Default RE: MX 400 Questions

If you're talking about the link ends (eyelets), you can use the Align TRex 450 parts; they seem to fit more consistently. I have to say, I never broke any of the HeliMax ones, though.

Sorry, but the EFlite Park 400 motor will burn up quickly on the MX- it isn't strong enough.
Old 02-23-2009, 06:16 AM
Straick

Default RE: MX 400 Questions

That park 400 came off of a Walkera #36 and never has overheated on that one, and it uses a very similair drive line and blade size. I do run a heat sink on the motot though to encourage life.