Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Helimax
Reload this Page >

Novus CX will not bind

Community
Search
Notices
Helimax This is for all your Helimax questions and comments.

Novus CX will not bind

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 07:25 PM
rv9-a

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Novus CX will not bind

I have a Novus CX that will not bind. It was shut down yesterday after running the heli battery down. The CX has been flown at least twice a day since receiving it from Tower about a week ago and up to now has operated flawlessly. Other than snagging a skid and flopping over I have not had any thing other then very minor crashes. Any sugestions?

rv9-a
Old 05-24-2010, 08:30 PM
earlwb

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Novus CX will not bind

I thought about it and can't relly state anything obvious as to the problem you are having. I have noticed this problem with my Novus FP and CP, if there were other 2.4ghz transmitters on nearby. But usually after a few tries it would link up. You might look to see if something generating a strong 2.4ghz signal might be jamming you out. For example a Home WiFi system. One other thought is maybe we need to wait longer before the system links up. Sometimes we get in a hurry.

The binding procedure in the manual that came with the Heli:
The Novus Helicopter uses a 2.4GHz system that requires a binding process
when the unit is powered up. This process involves connecting the flight battery to
the ESC with the transmitter turned off. Ensure that the throttle stick is at its lowest
position and turn the transmitter on. You will notice that the transmitter logo begins
to flash, indicating that the binding process is taking place.
Once the logo quits flashing you should see the servos move, signifying that the
receiver is now bound to the transmitter. The helicopter must be left still for 5
seconds so the gyro can perform the initialization process. The Novus Helicopter
is now ready for flight. Always step 15 feet [4.5m] away from the Novus Helicopter
before operating the throttle. Do not hold the model while operating the throttle.