Community
Search
Notices
Hirobo Support Forum Greg Gomes of MRC/Hirobo is your host. Ask all your Hirobo questions here!

Cyclic Movement

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 09:37 AM
timfly45

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cyclic Movement

Yesterday I had my Shuttle Z out at the field. I was checking the tracking of the main rotor, 500 mm. blades around 1/4 throttle (400 rpm). It was out about 3/16".
My problem was, I noticed the cyclic was moving on it's own. Not drastic, but airborn I probably would have been fighting it. I did not take it up. When I got it back to the bench, the only thing I found, outside of blade tracking was a bit of play of the rotor head to the main shaft, parallel with blades and none perpendicular to blades. Now I'm thinking. If the tracking is out and I have a bit of play of the rotor head to shaft maybe the servos are not strong enough to handle the push/pull applied to them just sitting at neutral! The servo's I am running on cyclic are JR Nes-L501 / 40 oz in, .30sec/60 degrees, Teflon Bushing, nylon gears, 5 pole ferrite motor. These are older servo's around mid 80's
Are these servos strong enough for this application on a 30 size bird, and would the tracking cause the cyclic to float like that or the minute play on the head, or all three?
Anybody got any ideas that they would like to share.

All input welcome,
Tim
Old 07-01-2007, 06:37 PM
Mrclueless

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cyclic Movement

Balance the blades before installing them? Bent main rotor shaft? By 'cyclic' I am assuming you mean the swashplate? Try maybe strapping the heli down very securely and running it up to see if you have full collective travel from the servo. I run JR 507 and 517. These are old too, but still work. Good luck.