Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Hirobo Support Forum
Reload this Page >

Upgrade a shuttle plus or a new sceadu

Notices
Hirobo Support Forum Greg Gomes of MRC/Hirobo is your host. Ask all your Hirobo questions here!

Upgrade a shuttle plus or a new sceadu

Old 10-31-2007, 02:35 PM
Vacaman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upgrade a shuttle plus or a new sceadu

I have a shuttle plus with a os 32sx and futaba 240 gyro for the past year and now I want to practice more agressive moves. Sometimes there is a lot of wind in my field and I could use more power. Right now the shuttle is stock, no upgrades at all.
I have 2 options, invest in a new os 37sz with a hatori pipe, futaba 401 gyro, and upgrades for the shuttle or just buy a new Sceadu and a 50sx hyper with a hatori pipe and 401 gyro.
What are the upgrades needed for the shuttle to make it flight better? Can a upgraded shuttle fly 3d stuff? I don´t want ultimate performance, just a heli that could make 3d with no problems.
Would be better just spend more in a sceadu if the upgraded shuttle flies 3d fine?

THANKS FOR THE HELP
Old 10-31-2007, 02:52 PM
mrc-hirobo

Default RE: Upgrade a shuttle plus or a new sceadu

Sceadu 50 will be better off in the long run. Shuttles will do mild 3D and get better with option parts but will not equal what a Sceadu 50 can do in the long run.

I think most people will also tell you the same.

jeff
Old 10-31-2007, 11:09 PM
sfell

I've never flown the Shuttle, but I have a Sceadu 50evo and fly it in pretty strong wind pretty regularly. It's very stable, and has plenty of power with the 50 hyper. My 401 gyro keeps the tail locked even when flying at odd angles against a cross wind. On really windy days I ground my planes and just fly the heli.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:24 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts

ORIGINAL: mrc-hirobo

Sceadu 50 will be better off in the long run. Shuttles will do mild 3D and get better with option parts but will not equal what a Sceadu 50 can do in the long run.

I think most people will also tell you the same.

jeff
Absolutely!
Old 11-01-2007, 04:18 PM
Vacaman

Thanks guys, yesterday I went to my hobby shop and saw the sceadu, they come with the 50sx engine and preassembled. Very nice stuff, it´s a big difference beetwen the evo and the shuttle. Fortunately at the hobby shop was one of the top heli pilots here in Chile, and he told me the same thing, go for the sceadu, he also spoke me about the hpm and swm differences and I am going to wait that the SWM kit arrives.
The shuttle has been an excellent trainer, I assembled it, set it and fly it with no help and no trainer lg, just a lot of sim. I never crash it, just made some hard landings. But now is time for a little more.

Thanks everyone.
Old 11-01-2007, 05:59 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts

You'd be hard pressed to tell the difference for some time in flight and even then you'd have to fly them back to back to tell them apart.

Here's a review of the HPM version.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/a...article_id=890