Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Hirobo Support Forum
Reload this Page >

freya eagle sst evolution HELP!

Community
Search
Notices
Hirobo Support Forum Greg Gomes of MRC/Hirobo is your host. Ask all your Hirobo questions here!

freya eagle sst evolution HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 03:25 PM
siberian_husky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default freya eagle sst evolution HELP!

hi guys
i bought a freya sst eagle used, complete im sure ive only had electrics beforeas in 450 trex thought i be a big boy and jump into nitro, it came with a new thunder tiger 90 , however i did not get a setup manual or oranything except heli, nowafetr driving my wife madwith thisobsession, im kinda lost as to servos to outfit this nice machine which occupies my bedroom, it has maveikk blades, my radoi for trex is a futaba 7cap and gyro is 401, however altho my wife loves me she has given the okay to outfit this to the max, throttle jockey? governor?and cause i guess im dumb i know i need a header tank but got not a clue even how to hook lines up, also do i get a voltage meter? im being very honest this is my first gas heli and want it to be right i really need a manual for this heli, i know i sound completyly lost but this is firsrt gad heli ive had, and yes i want to drive my neighbors crazy so i dont feel alone any help will be eternerly gratful thanks chuck in tenennesee
615-394-9343 e-mail is [email protected] thanks to anyone who can help willing to pay for parts anything
Old 05-31-2009, 10:48 AM
glydrjocky

Default RE: freya eagle sst evolution HELP!

Just a thought here, I'm kinda worried about the statement " I want to drive my neighbors crazy"

A 90 size nitro is a very powerful and dangerous machine. I've run my 30 size nitro on the front lawn and it became such a "kid magnet" that I no longer run my nitro helicopters at home let along fly them there. Even a simple break in run with a rich running 90 will smoke out an entire neighborhood. Do you belong to an R/C club? Probably safest to fly there and get some local setup help.

That said, you have the makings of a fine flying helicopter with the parts you have so far. There are lots of great folks who can help you with your heli on this site. Take your time, set up carefully and above all have fun but respect the machine for its inherent dangers.

Governors and sophisticated electronics are becoming the norm you'll have to set them up as you go. Most come with really good instructions.

As for the header tank, it simplysits between the main tank and the carb. The main tank supply line connects to the vent on the header tank. Then the supply line from the the header connects to a fueling "T" fitting then a fuel filter and on to the carb. Fuel filters are an absolute must in this hobby to keep crud out of the tiny holes in your carb. To leave them out is to invite disasterous lean runs that can ruin your day.

Not sure where you can pick up an manual for your Freya a search of the site might hook you up or someone might know the part #

Have fun with your heli and be safe, the future of our hobby depends on the safe actions of us all.

Tony
Old 06-01-2009, 09:06 AM
fiddlesticks1

You can find a downloadable PDF here:
http://www.rchelibase.com/hirobo/
Old 06-03-2009, 02:24 PM
Paul_Barsamian
My Feedback: (5)

BTW,

If you are planning to run a governer, you'll probably need an 8 or 9 channel radio, 7 is cutting it close as you'll only be able to turn the gov on and off, not set head speed.

Also, if you are familiar with mechanical setup, most of the same principles should apply but get help from someone local in tuning the engine. You'll drive yourself mad trying to get the needles right otherwise.

Also, you need to know if this is an HPMor SWM (mechanical or CCPM) machine. This will dictate the servos you buy to put in it. Ialso don't recommend running a heli with anything less than a PCMor 2.4 receiver, standard FM ones pick up way too much noise which you'll inevitiably have as a beginner.

Lastly, if this is a used Evo, pull the main gear, and remove the one way bearing and check it VERYclosely (ie with a magnifying glass) for any hairline fractures on the metal on the outside of the bearing. Some of the early Evos had an issue with people blowing the bearing up with significant abuse. Replacements are not overly expensive.

As a rule, with used heli's I also go through and check EVERYball bearing on the machine for notchy operation or rust, check the tail belt for wear, and replace the Jesus bolts on the head block just for good measure.
Old 06-03-2009, 03:22 PM
WashedAshore
My Feedback: (11)

This is a great forum for information.
If you need model specific info try either

http://www.helifreak.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19

or

http://www.runryder.com/helicopter/f27p1/

Helifreak i feel is better place IMO
Good luck
Old 06-05-2009, 10:47 AM
glydrjocky

I'm running a DX-7 with a throttle jockey gov. 7 channels is the perfect amount for gyro and governor control. I'm setting rpm on my gear channel now which I can either set up for two speeds or one speed and off. With some different arrangements found on the Throttle Jockey website you can have gov on/off control on the flight mode switch and set rpm on the Aux 2 switch.