Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

5945 servo problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2002, 11:42 PM
R Plante

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5945 servo problem

Hi Mike

A flier in my club just purchased 6 5945 servos on 1 of them when he plugged it into the elevator slot on his rx the plastic plug by the black wire melted a little . It still works but he is wondering what caused it. He was going to call the lhs where he bought them but I said I would post here first . We tried all the other servos with no problems (same slot on rx).Futaba 149dp rx with no history of problems.

Should he send it in for service or try his lhsfor a replacement.

He is just in the process of setting up an Aerowerks Extra and this will set him back a bit and he was wondering what the quickest way to resolve this is.

Thanks
Randy
Old 04-19-2002, 01:17 AM
Vince
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most definatly take it back to the LHS, unless he has had it for some time.

Vince
Old 04-19-2002, 02:44 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Randy- Melting the plug would indicate considerable current draw to produce that much heat. Have him call our service manager Tony Ohm @ (858)748-6948 x308 and he will figure out the best way to handle the situation. The hobby shop is not responsible for any warranty issues.

Mike.