Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

HPP 22 programming

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 06:15 PM
jeffie8696

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default HPP 22 programming

If I go into the programming and reset the low voltage warning, in my case setting it higher to go off sooner, does it affect the overal setting for all the programmed models or just the one that is selected ? Idont run the same voltage on all my planes.
Old 10-14-2012, 11:58 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: HPP 22 programming

ORIGINAL: jeffie8696 If I go into the programming and reset the low voltage warning, in my case setting it higher to go off sooner, does it affect the overal setting for all the programmed models or just the one that is selected ? Idont run the same voltage on all my planes.
Depends which unit you are programming.

1. Aurora 9 transmitter, each model is set up individualy, see in particular the tip under "3".

2. Spectra Module, then same settingapplies to all models.

. Optima Transceiver (RX) - Low Battery Warning settings for both Aurora & Spectra 2.4Ghz module.
Adjustable LBW Voltage Alerts V1.07 up (not available V1.04<06).
Extract:

"3. Two Low Battery Alarms exist: Aurora & Spectra 2.4Ghz module - Low Battery Warning - which to use.

. LBW in Aurora Menu
Internal, set relative to and retained in memory for each model.
Change is required when using SPC and LBW for that model is set for say 4S and a 2S is used in lieu - otherwise alarm may sound as a continous beep
Quickly changed on screen.
. Battery Icon will appear only if Optima is powered on V1.03<v1.06 spectra="" v1.0.="" font=""></v1.06>
Aurora V1.07(2)+ & Spectra V2.0+ allow access to LBW: [Settings] > [Sensor] >[Battery], picture attached.
. Tip - If using both 2S & 3S batteries in same EP Model, to avoid re-setting LBW each time, re-name model as *** 2S and copy to another which rename as *** 3S or *** 4S etc . Select appropriate model in Aurora when changing battery.

LBW in Spectra Module
Set using the HPP-22 which must be connected via Laptop/PC each time a change
between use of 2S<>3S<>4S monitored by SPC is required. (concenus previous posts in thread is 3.5v per cell).
[After updating to V2.0 and before disconnecting HPP-22 go to "Low Battery Warning (LBW) Function" and choose standard 4 & 5 cell battery Alert or SPC setting alert and save choice.
Function is mainly for those who use the AFHSS system in TX other than an Aurora - no on screen access ]As Beep is much louder on TX than the module, suggest module be set to "4 or 5 cell''. This as if both set the same, only the Aurora's beep will be heard and saves changing via HPP-22 each time EP Power battery monitored by SPC is changed.

This may change when the Telemetry - HTS-Voice Telemetry Voice Announcing System, which connects via the module is used, awaiting further detail on that aspect.

4. Aurora, Eclipse 7 Pro, Optic 6 Sport & Optic 5 - Low Transmitter Battery Alarms: - refer link "

ex Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
Aurora 9, AFHSS Modules, Optima & Telemetry
- FAQ & Undocumented Features
- Mixes, Setups,Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Old 10-15-2012, 06:54 AM
jeffie8696

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: HPP 22 programming

This is the Optic 6 Sport. If Iread correctly it is supposed to detect the different voltages between 4.8 and 6 volt batteries but if set to custom will only go off at the set custom voltage regardless of battery used. So if I want to have the system adjust for my different supply voltages (in my case 4.8 and 6V) Ineed to use only the default setting. What Ireally wanted was the system to go off at a higher voltage to make certain I did not get any more brownouts as I have had a few recently due to a weak battery with no warning from the transmitter. Idid an update to my system yesterday so hopefully it fixed the problem. Thank you for the help.