Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Hitec programming question

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 01:55 PM
Flyboy1958
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec programming question

I have a Hitec programmer and use all Hitec servos with my JR11X. I have always liked getting the most out of my radio so I always
run my endpoints to 150% and just program my Hitecs center and end points. I like to use about 55 degrees throw both directions
from neutral.
I was experimenting the other day and was wondering if I could just keep my radio at 100% on the travel (end points)
while then programming my digital Hitec to get that 55 degree swing both directions.
I found that after connecting back up to my receiver and transmitter, I was just getting my 45 degrees or whatever it was and not my
55 degrees I had just programmed in. When I dialed up my end points closer to the 150% I got closer to my 55 degrees.

I'm just wondering if this is how it works, or am I missing something? I've never tried this before, but for a particular application, I would
like to keep my end points in the radio at 100% and program my servo to move 55 degrees both directions.

Can this be done, or am I stuck with having to use my 150% in the radio to obtain this?

Old 06-18-2013, 03:11 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hitec programming question

ORIGINAL: Flyboy1958
I have a Hitec programmer and use all Hitec servos with my JR11X. I have always liked getting the most out of my radio so I always
run my endpoints to 150% and just program my Hitecs center and end points. I like to use about 55 degrees throw both directions
from neutral.
I was experimenting the other day and was wondering if I could just keep my radio at 100% on the travel (end points)
while then programming my digital Hitec to get that 55 degree swing both directions.
I found that after connecting back up to my receiver and transmitter, I was just getting my 45 degrees or whatever it was and not my
55 degrees I had just programmed in. When I dialed up my end points closer to the 150% I got closer to my 55 degrees.
I'm just wondering if this is how it works, or am I missing something? I've never tried this before, but for a particular application, I would
like to keep my end points in the radio at 100% and program my servo to move 55 degrees both directions.
Can this be done, or am I stuck with having to use my 150% in the radio to obtain this?
The main problem is that there is no commonality between Transmitter brands world wide let alone digital servo.
Not much has advanced since the old Negative and Positive"Shift" with earlier PPMTx in USA and even cars
driving on the right of left side of the road, neither is right nor wrong and have been in place to long for an easy change.

In this instance, compensate for the difference when programming by determining which center setting is correct for your specific radio
and so as to avoid duplication, please refer ealier explanations under:
. EPA, ATV, Dual & Triple Rates, Expo Differences & Caution includes ESC / BEC Set Up.

. Programming Digital servo via the programmer is to be preferred as provides settings,
such as adjusting Deadband and other adjustmentswithout loss of latency orresponse.

. Using the TX requires unequal travel set points
to garner equal surface deflections; accordingly your model may exhibit a more sensitive feel in one direction
than the latter to compensate for the unequal travel arc of the servo arm(s)

. Using (TX) trims, offsets and curves skews the results
and ultimately leaves you with unequal travel volumes and speed of the surface in play.

the following may also assist:
. Hitec - Digital Servo - Matching Elevator Halves
. Hitec - Digital Servo - Resolution & Driving Frequency - Frame Rates,.
. Hitec - Digital Servo Programming Fixture - review

. Digital Servo - Digital vs Analogue Hz, Deadband & Torque effects explained - Servomances

. Digital Servo Instruction Videos - Programming with HFP-10, HFP-20, HPP-21+, HFP-25

. Digital Servo Programming FAQ - Center & End Point - Adjust to Match TX

. Digital Servo Programming FAQ - Center Point May Vary - Why & Correction

. Digital Servo Programming FAQ - Center Point & End Point variance - Why & Correction

Much more information available under sub sections
"Servo - Digital & Brushless Servo, Programmers and Software"
"ESC & BEC - Setup to prevent majority of all RF Problems, Brownouts & Crashes"
"Glitches & Jitter in Receiver, Servo & ESC - Causes and Cures"
"Servo - Alterations, Calculators, Databases, Leads, Repairs, Convert to an ESC or winch & FAQ." e.g.
below
"Radio Systems, Accessories, Alterations and FAQ" at
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Alan T.
Old 07-04-2013, 07:53 AM
BNKONTROL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hitec programming question

<html />