Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Trouble shooting Air Speed Sensor issue.

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2014, 12:06 PM
gsoav8r
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trouble shooting Air Speed Sensor issue.

Hi all.
So let me start with a brief run down.
Ive been flying with the A9 for years without issues and just this year finally decided Id like to add some Telemetry to a couple of my airplanes... beyond the Rx V. So I got two of the Advanced Sensor Stations, two AS sensors and two temp sensors.

My firmware was knowingly out of date, so I upgraded everything after reading up on the revisions. HPP-22, Tx, Module and two Rx's to start(a 9 and 7ch).

The Rx battery Ive been working with is a 6v Nimh in great condition. (this voltage is in range for the Stations to the best of my knowledge)

Ive also taken the time to read all the lit that came with the products and have watched the telemetry vids that are on the Hitec site/utube..

The temp sensors work fine in any port and display accordingly in Cockpit view or EZ view.

My hick-up is that I cant get either AS sensor to work with either Station, or a 9 or 7 ch Rx.
Have tried plugging the sensor in to ports M1-M3.
In the A9 Ive set the interface under the Advance menu to display Airspeed only.
And under the GPS menu have set the readout to Imperial (mph).

I get nothing when I blow into the AS sensor tube as a test like in the vids. Light or hard makes no difference.
I have triple checked everything and even gone as far as rebinding the Rx's after the updates and frankly Im just plain out of ideas as to why the AS wont work.

So Mr. Mike, AT, everyone... Im hoping you all can help me out here. Id love to get this system flying.
Thanks,
James
Old 02-10-2014, 12:51 PM
gsoav8r

Talked with Hitec support today and will be sending in the Stations and AS sensors so they can have a look at them
Old 10-15-2014, 01:58 PM
76Mustang76

I seem to have the same issue with my sensor. Tried everything. Has Hitec confirmed what is the cause of the problem.
Old 10-15-2014, 03:25 PM
gsoav8r

Heres the skinny of it.
Sent everything to Hitec to be checked out.
They said the two Sensor Stations I had were bad and would replace them.
I waited six months to get replacements.
The two they sent me dont work either. Thou one tried to work, once, for a minute or so. It thought the Air Speed sensor was an Altimeter.

I still need to box up the stuff, send it all in and request they test anything and everything before they send it back.

Last edited by gsoav8r; 10-15-2014 at 03:29 PM. Reason: sp
Old 04-25-2015, 03:03 PM
wkevinm

wondering if this ever worked for you. I have the telemetry setup with GPS, Air speed, mag RM and temperature sensors. All work to the transmitter but I cannot get the air speed to work on my PC, which is most important to me.