Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Gonna eat crow here

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2003, 12:42 PM
rc-sport
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gonna eat crow here

Ok Mike, I'm going to eat some crow. I have complained alot on the forum about the quality of the 605 servo's and I swore I would never use another Hitec product again. I still think the 605's are lousy but before I swore off using Hitec I had purchased 4 5475 servos for a CA Widebody 60 I was building. Well I have finished the plane and have about a dozen flights on it. The servos have performed better than I had expected. They are quick, tight and center well. I may replace the rudder servo with a larger model. I will be building a Bridi Escape soon and I plan on using the 5475 in it also. I'd like Fava beans and a nice Chianti with my crow please.
Old 10-15-2003, 12:25 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Gonna eat crow here

Welcome back on the bandwagon! I don't want to rehash the whole 605 thing but I do agree that the 5475HB may now be the best bang for the buck servo on the market. I've been recommending them over the 605's since they are in the same price range unless more torque is needed. However, if you recall the 605's have been discontinued and will be replaced by the 635HB which uses the Karbonite gears and with our new I.C. the centering and resolution is much more accurate.

Thanks for the second chance!

Mike.