Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Hitec Piezo Gyro

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2002, 10:11 PM
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec Piezo Gyro

HI Mike, I am aware that the hitec gyros are not being made at this time, but I have a question. I own three of them with remote gains and all three exhibit the same behavior. The instructions indicate the remote gain can be adjusted so the gyro can be turned off with the gear switch. For some reason, when I turn the gyro on, (channel 5) the rudder "centering" adjusts off center to one way and stays there until I flip the gear switch the other direction. Basically, turning the gyro on causes the rudder trim to go out of adjustment a long ways. The only way to stop this is to adjust the remote gain pot until it allows the gyro to operate while the gear switch is in either position (on or off).

In order to use the gyro for hovering for example, on approach, I have to adjust the rudder trim a bunch to the right, then when I turn the gyro on with the gear switch, the rudder will be centered. When I'm done using the gyro and turn it off with the gear switch, the rudder will be back to the left. I must then return the rudder trim to it's original position to re-center the rudder. It is a problem I can work around, but it is somewhat inconvenient. Have you heard of this before? I'm using a futaba super 8 TX with a futaba R127DF receivers.

Thanks,

John W.
Old 05-01-2002, 06:33 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec Piezo Gyro

John,

Sorry to hear about the problem. Unfortunatley, I don't have a solution for you. You might want to send it in and let us check it out.

Mike.