Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

5945 Programming on Composite-arf 2.6

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2003, 04:23 PM
TJPro35

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5945 Programming on Composite-arf 2.6

Mike,
I have 5945 on my composite 2.6 wings. I have resetted them before installing. Once installed (one at a time), I programmed center and left/right end points. All seemed ok when I have the wing up (resting on leading edge), but as soon as I put them flat on my table, servos up, the servo chatters. I barely move the aileron towards the servos and the noise stops while holding. It does this whether I have the wing resting on the top or bottom but stops when the wing is on leading edge. I have readjusted center several times and still get the noise. I have changed the dead band and speed to different values with no help. So I installed the second servo on the wing and it is doing the same thing (inboard servo disconnected)!!! Again, I barely move the aileron towards the servo or push the servo arm and hold it, the noise stops.
What am I doing wrong?? [sm=angry.gif]
I have checked the linkage for binding (using H9 prolinks, RCL 87 ballinks at servo end and dupro HD clevis and Airwild 1.25 servo arms) and everything seems to move freely. I can see maybe if one of them is doing it but both of them. I have to be doing something wrong with the programming or my setup itself.

Any suggestions???

Thanks

TJ
Old 12-01-2003, 01:32 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: 5945 Programming on Composite-arf 2.6

When you say "Chatters" does that mean they are bounsing around or just making noise? It is not uncommon for the digital servos to make a lot of noise at center; it comes from the high refreash rate.

Mike.
Old 12-01-2003, 08:28 PM
TJPro35

Sorry Mike, poor choice of words. They "buzz" or as some would call it "sing" at center. I understand the reasoning now. Thanks
Old 12-04-2003, 07:23 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

That's normal... I call it the sound of precision!

Mike.
Old 12-18-2003, 10:13 PM
William Robison
My Feedback: (3)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Mike:

A gentleman punched the wrong button, and instead of posting his query went in my mail box. Here is what he sent:

Mike

I have Hightech 5645 servos in me new edge540. first test flighe one ail
servo went to the end of its travel.This caused uncontroled roll to the ground.
On the bench it did the same thing.
After I took ti out of the wreck it operates normal. How can this happen?

Allan Jerome
Aquadoc.
Thanks for taking it.

Bill.