Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

RF Module for Eclipse

Old 02-22-2004, 10:12 PM
Bach-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RF Module for Eclipse

I will be traveling to Europe and fly some RC Combat there.
Is it possible to purchase RF module for my Eclipse, so that it can be used there ? Does then my system need to be shipped to Hitec for the job ?
The legal frequency is 35MHz .
Do I have to buy also new spectra module?
I know that I will have to buy european hitec receiver.

Petr
Old 02-22-2004, 11:10 PM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: RF Module for Eclipse

Yes, you'll need a new TX module. I don't believe a Spectra module is offered on 35mhz as well as the appropriate RX and crystals.

Changing the TX module does not require an office visit.
Old 03-09-2004, 03:05 AM
Javier Garcia

Good morning!
In EU, we use 35 Mhz band, and there are the A and the B ones, except in France and Switzerland (Confederation Helvetique) where they use 40 Mhz.
It is posible to buy TX modules por Hitec, FM, QPCM, and Spectra, but you also need the receiver. As information, you could buy a new Hitec Eclipse 7, QPCM,full equip, plane version, arround 300 EUR (350 USD), so it is possible that to buy a new one is a more economic option, if you think it comes with servos, nicads, etc
I hope this helps you.
Old 03-16-2004, 02:42 AM
krokko

I have an Hitec Eclipse with the 35 MHZ RF module "HPF-Mi". As I understand all the RF parts for the transmitting is in that module and you should be able to swap between all the allowed frewquence bands by replacing the RF module. (The crystal need of course to be correct and match the Rx as always). I even heard people saying that they have swapped RF modules between the newer Hitec and Futaba, and it worked as it should!? I never tried it myself but would very much like to know if its possible. It opens some doors to more affordable R/C equipment!!??
Old 03-17-2004, 10:58 AM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

While the physical constraints are identical and do afford the ability to swap the modules from Futaba to Hitec and the inverse. Hitec as well as Futaba do NOT recommend or condone this practice. The transmitters are certified for use with their brand specific TX module.

Does it work, seems to in most cases. Perform a thorough range check to validate the integrity of the flight system prior to flight.
Old 04-16-2004, 09:15 AM
Bach-RCU

Just an update for folks who may need this info in future:

Spectra will be available in 35 Mhz frequency in Europe later this year.
For the time being I ordered the single frequency trasmitter module for my Eclipse.

Petr Bachan