Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

545 centering

Old 02-25-2004, 10:50 PM
drbutton

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 545 centering

Hello everyone, and hello Mike.
I have 4 Hitec 545 servos, and I bought these because I had read about their ability to center well (among other things). However, occasionally they will "recenter" themselves after coming to full stop when I allow the sticks on my Laser 6 radio come to neutral. In other words, the servos will move ever so slightly right after stopping when I release the sticks, as if to seek out a more "true" center. This is not flutter or related to "stick wiggle." This amount of motion isn't much, but when amplified over the width of an oversized control surface, it makes a difference that I notice when flying. Is this supposed to happen? If not, should I send them in to get checked out? Thanks in advance.

John
Old 02-25-2004, 11:37 PM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 545 centering

These servos are utilizing standard servo amplifiers and 5-pole cored motors. They do center better than other 3-pole cored motor servos. However they are inexpensive sport servos with enhanced performance, accordingly they will never center as well as a precession coreless servo and or a digital servo.

I'd suggest they should not bounce once they stop, BUT there are things in play that might cause the anomaly. Make sure there is no binding and the surface moves freely. If you’re concerned return the servos to Hitec for a checkup...