Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Eclipse 7 PMX Elevator Mixing

Old 02-27-2004, 07:07 PM
JCOKEEFE
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eclipse 7 PMX Elevator Mixing

I just finished building the Dynaflite Fly Baby. The elevators are split and each elevator half is controlled by it's own servo. In my
Eclipse manual, there are instructions to slave the rx channel 6 elevator half to the channel 2 elevator half via the (PMX) mixing function
on the radio. I used this function, per the Hitec Eclipse manual, and it works fine. What I did discover, fortunately before I flew the
aircraft for the first time, is that elevator trim function on the tx only affects the elevator servo half plugged into channel 2. The other
elevator half servo which is plugged into the slave channel 6 is not affected by the trim!! Not knowing this, I could have flown the plane
on its' maiden voyage, discovered that it needed up or down elevator trim, put in the proper trim with only the channel 2 elevator half
responding. There is no need to describe what could have happened.

I sent an email to your service department and they confirmed that there is "no link" between slaved channel 6 and channel 2 for
elevator trim. Why?? What am I missing here?? One would assume (big mistake) that elevator trim for both elevator halves would
logically be available via the PMX function.

I could have lost a brand new aircraft had I not discovered this flaw prior to the aircrafts' first flight. I would like an explanation. I
migrated from JR radios to the Hitec Eclipse thinking that I was buying a quality product. I am a sport flyer.
Old 03-01-2004, 01:49 AM
MrGreenSpeed

Default RE: Eclipse 7 PMX Elevator Mixing

Funny My Flash 5x dose the same thing.????????????????????????
Old 03-06-2004, 04:51 PM
darryl123
My Feedback: (8)

Q. How do I use the Eclipse with a plane having two elevator servos?
A. The best way to set up dual elevators is with a Y-harness. You can use a P-mix but be aware that the trim will not link to the slaved channel.
Old 03-06-2004, 05:53 PM
JCOKEEFE

[8D]Exactly what I said above. Needless to say, once I discovered the trim flaw in the elevator PMX, I installed a y connector with
servo reversing on the two elevator servos and turned off the elevator PMX function. I'm still waiting for some kind of
explanation from Hitec hierarchy as to why there is no link for sub trim between channels 6 & 2 for the elevator PMX,
and why the Eclipse 7 manual says that the PMX function can be used to control split elevators!!
Old 03-06-2004, 06:57 PM
darryl123
My Feedback: (8)

look at hitec talk, they say there is not going to be a fix for this.
Old 03-06-2004, 10:08 PM
JCOKEEFE

Where do I find "hitec talk"??
Old 03-08-2004, 08:53 AM
Javier Garcia

I found one way on my Eclipse 7:
My plane set up is as follows.-
Two halves elevator, with independent servos. These are at diferent vertical distance (not enough romm), but the link points are at the same,and a perfect simetric configuration. And I use flaperons option. One more thing: I fly on Mode I (don't worry).
1ΒΊ Mix 1- channel 2 with 7 at 100% both ways
2ΒΊ Set exact same halves height with channel 2 trim or subtrims.
3ΒΊ Correct differents throws with EPA
4ΒΊ Mix 2- channel 7 to channel 2 at 100% both ways

Now you can use channel 7 pot as elevator trim. There is a minor problem, as it would be too much potent in flight. To solve this, and if you have another free channel (if you do not use flaperons), f.e. channel 6, set another mix 3- channel 6 to 7, and a little percentage in both ways, as your convenience.

I tested the first way, and its easy as I manage elevator with left hand, and 7 pot is in the right. If you fly Mode II, and without flaperons, set the mix as properly as you use rigth hand on elevator and the left on the the channel 6 pot. (changing 7 by 6 on the upper instruccions, and viceversa)