Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Stripped Servo Arm Screw--HS 55's

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2004, 04:38 AM
Time Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Stripped Servo Arm Screw--HS 55's

I purchased 2 HS 55's and had a rough time changing the servo arms--one came off by the Grace of God and on the other the screw head is hopelessly stripped. A couple of questions:

1. How might I get the screw off now? (I was thinking of melting the horn away a very small bit and then grabbing the screw with a pair of pliers and screwing it out that way)

2. Is there some kind of tool or technique that is used to get these screws off on a 'normal' day? I've got fairly large hands and I was having the toughest time trying to hold the arm while trying to take the screw out (I'm new at this game and recall that you don't hold the servo by the case when you take out or replace the screw).

I'm a tad disappointed. Again, I'm a newcomer to the hobby, and it may be that the screws need to be torqued down that hard, but it seems rather unnecessary....

...<a day has passed since I posted the above message>...

No need to answer how to get the servo arm off--I carefully used my Dremel Tool with a cut-off blade and carved away the nylon until enough of the head was exposed to remove it with a pair of pliers.

I do, though, still wonder why they are on so tight. I'd almost prefer they shipped with no servo arm attached. I'd rather put 10 more on myself than have to remove another stripped screw!
Old 04-06-2004, 07:10 PM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Default RE: Stripped Servo Arm Screw--HS 55's

I'd suggest that you may have an innapropriate size screw driver for the task.. There are several offering/sizes available. Not all small screwdrivers offer the same performance.
Old 04-07-2004, 03:48 PM
Time Pilot

Default RE: Stripped Servo Arm Screw--HS 55's

I suppose the question would be then, what size/brand of screwdriver would you recommend for the HS55 servo arm screw head? I think I was using a philips #00 precision screwdriver, which seemed to be the one that fit.