Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

New Eclipse 7 only works half the time

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2004, 11:26 PM
Launchpad McQuack

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Eclipse 7 only works half the time

Mike,
I just purchased an Eclipse 7 FM Spectra Module and Transmitter (171724) and I took it ouf the box and began checking it out on my new plane i just built. I set the channel on the spectra and it worked fine for a while, long enough for me to taxi it around the driveway. Then it just cut off and the servos got the "jitters". I thought it was because the batteries wern't fully charged, so I let it charge over night and the next day it would work for a few seconds and then quit and then work again for a while and quit. I played around with all the connections and the RX crystal and I saw no change. Then I noticed that when I squeezed the TX slightly as I gripped it, putting a bit of pressure on the spectra module, it would start working perfectly. I tested this out many times and that was the cause. It seems there is some sort of loose connection inside the unit, and the pressure closes the loose connection. I looked at these forums and saw several people have had this similar problem, but I have not seen a fix for it besides sending it in.

So, my question is,
Should I crack it open and take a look? It might be a simple matter of a quick solder on a loose connection. But, it is brand new and I dont want to void my warranty. I dont really want to wait 2 weeks and trouble you guys if it is something simple I can fix myself. Will opening the unit void my warranty?
Old 06-15-2004, 01:32 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Eclipse 7 only works half the time

Contact [email protected] and he will figure out the fastest way to take care of the problem. I would not open it up.

Mike.