Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Hitec 5945 servos are junk!

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2004, 12:11 PM
naamanf
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec 5945 servos are junk!

I bought 4 5945 servos for a Aeroworks Edge about a month ago. Right out of the box one was bad and I returned it to Hitec. About two weeks later I received a replacement. Now I am getting it set up and ready to fly and another one goes bad. Now I have to send it in and wait another two weeks to get a replacement. I am really worried about putting a plane in the air with these servos. I don't know if maybe they had a bad batch (customers service said no way this could happen) or I am just very unlucky. What ever it is I am done spending money on Hitec.
Old 07-09-2004, 12:48 PM
SMALLFLY-
My Feedback: (19)

Default RE: Hitec 5945 servos are junk!

[&:]
Old 07-09-2004, 01:34 PM
bentgear

naamanf, OK, just send them to me and I'll be glad to put them out of your misery.

Have you tried plugging them directly into the receiver to see what happens? I have about come to the conclusion that if they get driven by a bad connection the programming gets lost.

Ed M.

(Sorry Mike, just noticed what section this was in after I hit OK)........ed
Old 07-09-2004, 01:52 PM
naamanf

The first one I found bad was hooked to the Hitec programmer. The second one binds up at full throw with nothing connected to it. To separate problems that fall under quality control. I don't mean to bash them just vent because I have had this plane sitting here for over a month and I seem to be waiting my money. I have now spent and extra $10 sending brand new servos back to Hitec. These are the first Hitec servos I have bought and they just don't give me that warm fuzzy.
Old 07-09-2004, 04:49 PM
Geistware
My Feedback: (16)

I have had Hitec servos over the past 4 years and never had a problem that was due to the servo. I too would accept the servos as a gift.
Old 07-10-2004, 03:17 PM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

More likely than not based on my experience with the 5945's (I have purchased and used hundreds of them personally) and never had a problem with ONE of them, I'd suggest there maybe a problem with what your doing with the servo either programming and or its use or how your driving it. Is this possible?

There is not a bad batch nor any quality control problems that I am aware.

Additionally this is a manufacturers support forum, not an open discussion forum. If you're having a problem you might try a different approach.
Old 07-11-2004, 10:31 AM
naamanf

The first was found bad with right out of the box while hooked up to the programmer, but never programed. The second was also never programmed but installed on an elevator half and was failed while I was setting up the control throws. Nothing different than I have done in that past. If these servos are that easy to break by the operator, that would indicate a serious problem. My experience is with four of these servos, two of which have failed. Thats a 50% failure rate. As a new customer to Hitec what else do you expect me to think about the quality of their products? I am spending extra money and time sending these servos back to be replaced.