Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Hitec Feather Receiver reliability?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2004, 06:37 AM
Vbuynfly
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec Feather Receiver reliability?

Hi Mike,
Recently, I had a reliability issue with a Hitec Feather receiver where it was overcome completely by a nearby transmitter and the plane was lost. Afterwards, I was told by several people that some clubs have banned the use of this receiver because it cannot withstand other radio traffic even if it is not on an adjacent frequency. Since I work in a hobby shop, I have to be able to stand behind the things I sell as well as confidently recommend equipment to people when they ask for suggestions.

Have there been reliability or interference issues with the Hitec Feather? I range tested Ok prior to the flight and the proper Hitec single conversion crystal was used but when the plane flew over someone on the flight line, it took an abrupt 90 degree turn straight down with no responsiveness whatsoever until it hit the ground. The radio tested fine after the pieces were picked up. I was using a JR622 with an FMA mini-50 ESC with Futaba 3101 servos and a three cell Li-poly pack in a Kyosho T-33 EDF jet. The receiver antenna was routed away from servos, battery and electric motor and tested before flying to assure glitch free function.

Any info you can provide would be very helpful.
thanks, Vince.
Old 08-03-2004, 03:19 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hitec Feather Receiver reliability?

The Feathers are not well suited in a crowded environment. However, the 04MG, 555, and Electron are.

Mike.