Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Flash 5X + Flash 5 buddy box Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2004, 05:15 PM
ND_newbie
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flash 5X + Flash 5 buddy box Question

Hello. I have a Flash5X radio (great radio, by the way) that I use for my primary radio, and I have a Flash5 which I use as a buddy box. I have the single-direction trainer cable, with ends on it labeled for master radio, and the trainer box.

The problem I have is that when I connect the trainer box up to my 5X radio, if I have my servos reversed on the master radio, I can't seem to save the reversal settings on the trainer box. As soon as I turn the master off and back on again, I have to re-reverse the servos on the buddy box. This gets to be a hassle, if I have multiple servos reversed on the plane, as it requires that I set things up each time I go up for a flight. I tried reversing the servos on the buddy box with it not connected to the master, but as soon as I reconnect the two, and power the master up (the buddy box is off, of course), I am back to the same problem.

Is there a way to avoid this, or is this just the way things are? Also, if I adjust the trims on the 5X, does the 5 inherit those trims, and if not, do I need to re-trim the buddy box each time I connect the two (presumably after I reverse the servos)? With the digital trims on the 5X and 5 radios, I would assume that any trimming I do on the master automatically affects the buddy box, but I've learned my lessons about making assumptions...

Thanks in advance for any and all help with this.

Mitchell Schaff
Williston, North Dakota
Old 09-24-2004, 06:16 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Flash 5X + Flash 5 buddy box Question

You will have to hit the cut/save button on the older Flash before you cut the power.

Mike.
Old 09-24-2004, 11:58 PM
ND_newbie
My Feedback: (8)

Default RE: Flash 5X + Flash 5 buddy box Question

Mike,
Do you mean hit cut/save while the master has the switch set to the slave box, or when it is in the normal (master) position? I guess I'll try it both ways. Thanks for the hint.