Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Why doesn't Hitec sell aluminum arms?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2005, 02:57 PM
George E.
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why doesn't Hitec sell aluminum arms?

Futaba saw the light and put out a line of aluminum servo arms. I can buy an aluminum 3D arm from Tower for $5.50

Your new servo lines (635, 475,5475, 5645 etc) are IMO really fantastic and winning me over from Futaba but it's a real hassle to get aluminum 3D arms. Last time I had to pay $10 each plus shipping. $27 for two arms [:@]

If you want to win us over, put out some aluminum 3D arms for less than $6 and we'll buy your servos

Just a suggestion.
Old 01-14-2005, 03:39 PM
65 Chevy
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Why doesn't Hitec sell aluminum arms?

SWB Manufacturing makes servo arms for the Hitecs. I just bought some. Very Nice poeple to deal with too!
Please see
www.swbmfg.com
Old 01-14-2005, 03:49 PM
George E.

I went to the web site, the arms are MORE than $10 each [:'(] Plus shipping [:'(]

That would be $55 plus shipping for my Funtana just for a couple of pieces of aluminum.

Like I said, Hitec needs to market them by the hundreds of thousands and sell them for a reasonable price.

Futaba did
Old 01-14-2005, 04:03 PM
Crash90
My Feedback: (17)

Agree. The price of these things is out of hand. I just paid 19.00 with shipping for a 2.5" servo arm.
Old 01-14-2005, 07:20 PM
RNick

Mike
When is Hitec going to make aluminum arms that are long enough?

thanks

Randy
Old 01-15-2005, 08:08 AM
George E.

I agree, what's the point of including a 3/4" aluminum arm
Old 01-16-2005, 04:02 PM
3D Joy

Those are good arms for the jet guys but are of no use for giant scale.
Old 01-17-2005, 12:45 AM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe ya'll haven't noticed. Hitec-RCD USA is an Original Equipment Manufacturer of RC related products for the most part and does not sale to the public, is not owned by a mail-order giant/wholesaler, unlike the other equipment importers that monopolize the industry in the US. These Goliaths run our industry, from their US owned rights to their specific radio product lines, dealer networks and mail order companies that directly compete with their dealers. These same companies feed the little guys while controlling the manufactures advertised price guidelines and offer all their product to the public at mail order level. Accordingly the product lines offered are vast and numerous.

Back on track: Futaba and JR do not actually offer aluminum arms in their product lines directly to the best of my knowledge. Their respective parent Mail Order/Wholesaler companies offer brand specific inexpensive aluminum arms that are mass produced overseas. With the buying power these companies posses its a gimme that the cost is less than the competing cottage industries here in the states. I think its also safe to suggest the products cost reflects the value of said components and while they may appear to be of the same size and or desire they are decidedly different and not on par with others offerings.
Old 01-17-2005, 10:01 AM
George E.

Futaba does sell aluminum arms that come packaged with the Futaba brand name on the bag. The line of arms is relatively new.

Maybe Futaba will start selling "Futaba brand" alumimun arms for Hitec servos

I am surprised Hitec can't team up with an overseas manufacturer of aluminum arms so they can package the arms with the Hitec name at a reasonable price, like Futaba does. You only need 3 different arms to fit everyone's needs, standard 1/2, long 1/2 3D and double.

Maybe I don't understand your post?