Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Mix and match TX / RX?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2002, 01:59 PM
golf_lake

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mix and match TX / RX?

Hi Mike I have just found this informative site and have read through a lot of the information posted and I see Hitec is totally committed to service.

I have just purchased a Sanwa Blazer as its features and price was right for me, I think after reading some of the posts here and the support Hitec gives to the hobbyist I may have made a mistake in selecting the Sanwa, I have not been able to find anything in support of this product on the net yet.

I am located in Australia and have a number of Hitec TX,s and receivers 29MHZ AM. I would like to ask you a couple of technical questions relating to these and the mix and match of different brands of receiver’s.

Now to my questions.

1 I have been told that you must use a different RX with a pistol grip type TX as they are different from stick types and not compatible. Is this correct?

2 I have a HP2RNB receiver and Hitec claim it is compatible with most AM TXs. What are the exceptions and is it compatible with the Sanwa Blazer.

3 Are these TX and RX sets factory tuned for upper and lower bands within there frequency, for example a unit manufactured for channel 12 is it tuned the same as a unit manufactured for channel 28 in the 29MHZ band.

4 These newer sets I understand are narrow band and the older types are not, I have a older Acoms AP-229 Mk111, would this be pushing thinks a bit far by using this older receiver with the newer narrow band TX.

5 Are you aware of a site that has information on Sanwa and Acoms
Old 09-10-2002, 08:16 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

Q1: Not correct. They use the same receiver.
Q2: You should be able to intermix the two however, I am not familiar with 29mhz. In 27mhz they are interchangable.
Q3: Hitec systems are center tuned and can accept any crystal. I don't know about the others.
Q4: I am not familiar with that unit. You may have problems with interferance it if is wide band.
Q5: Sorry no.

Good luck!

Mike.
Old 09-11-2002, 05:52 AM
golf_lake

Thank you Mike, RE Q1. I could not understand why they would make 2 different receiver’s either but I was not prepared to ague with the Hobby shop or risk a model that travels at 50+ MPH to prove a piont.

The rest thanks for clarifying.