Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Optic 6 ADIF/Throttle Defect

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2005, 03:50 PM
CFIMEI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Optic 6 ADIF/Throttle Defect

Hello HiTec Service,

Regarding the Optic 6 ADIF /Channel 3 lockup problem: I received the replacement Optic which you were gracious enough to send me in the hope that it would resolve the probelem which I first reported about three weeks ago. Upon first complaint I sent my origninal Tx in for service. Upon its return the problem was not cured & when I reported this situation you then sent me a purportedly "new" Optic as an immediate replacement. As you now are aware (since Tuesday of this week) the replacement Tx has the same problem. After viewing a dispute on an "E Zone" thread as to whether there were more than one firmware versions currently in use, I checked both of the Optics currently in my posssesion. My original shows version "11" & the replacement shows version "0"!

I assume "11" is the latest. So did you upgrade my original Tx upon servicing it (it may have been v "11" to begin with?) and/or is is "0" newer than "11"? Anyway, neither works reliably with ADIF selected, which is the main feature I needed in this Tx. Which Tx should I send back?. Although both are seriously defective, I would like to keep the latest version as there must have been other bugs in the first one that I would rather not discover for myself!

I would suggest that when the firmware rewrite is begun that ADIF be made to work with E>F as does the FLPN feature. Now you have to use PMX1 & PMX2 to activate Elev/Ail mixing & this prevents one from having PMX's for other uses. With the possibly huge project ahead of cleaning up the whole firmware package, this seems a fairly small detail & would make it work the way the Futaba 9C handles this condition.

Thanks & Please Advise

Richard Iverson
<[email protected]
Old 01-28-2005, 04:05 PM
Brendan Lugo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Optic 6 ADIF/Throttle Defect

Check TOHM's post in the last section of this link.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...21#post3237321

The software version descrepency is covered there.