Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Servo issues with 645MG and 545BB

Old 03-14-2005, 01:28 PM
mthomas1268

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Servo issues with 645MG and 545BB

Good afternoon,

I am getting back into the racing scene.. been out for a decade or so. I bought a 645 MG for a Losi Triple X T, had issues with the servo being jittery. Went back to my LHS, swapped our for a 545 BB (I wanted to get away from the metal gears to see if that made the difference) and didn't have any problems. I went racing for the first time this past Friday and made it to the A- Main... it felt pretty good. During my post race check-up of the truck, I noticed that the front wheels would turn from side to side very easily. Long story short, the servo is stripped already. Friday night was the first time that the truck had ever moved and the gears are shot. What is the hottest servo to put in the truck so that I can forget about stripping gears?

Thanks
Old 03-14-2005, 01:46 PM
Brendan Lugo

Default RE: Servo issues with 645MG and 545BB

I would go with a metal geared servo. My choice would be any of these; 5996TG, 5997TG, 5925MG, or 5945MG.
If you want an analog servo then the 925MG or the 945MG.
Old 03-14-2005, 01:48 PM
mthomas1268

Thanks for the information.

Do you know if anyone else has had issues pertaining to the metal gears?
Old 03-14-2005, 01:56 PM
Brendan Lugo

There really should not be any issues of RF noise (created by the metal gears) feeding back into the receiver. If yours had this problem then send it in to be checked out.